Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I have the FS 9lb flywheel. The greatest bennefit is a much quicker, peppier revving engine. The car is alot "zippier" and easier to drive. It doesn't hang onto the revs as much. (TB will also help this combined with the flywheel) My only complaint with it is that at an idle, the transmission makes horrendous noises. (even worse with the A/C on) Deff. worth the money!

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I have the FS 9lb flywheel. The greatest bennefit is a much quicker, peppier revving engine. The car is alot "zippier" and easier to drive. It doesn't hang onto the revs as much. (TB will also help this combined with the flywheel) My only complaint with it is that at an idle, the transmission makes horrendous noises. (even worse with the A/C on) Deff. worth the money!
Same here. Even with a stock clutch, I still get ocassional chatter from the gearbox. Could be a bad throwout bearing, but I doubt it since that was replaced with the clutch. I'm thoroughly satisfied with my FS flywheel. The car should have come with one of these from teh factory.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
No it has nothing to do with the release bearing. It's just the nature of the beast. I have the centerforce clutch in my car. But to me its worth having to hold your foot on the clutch when idling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts