Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lightest 17\" Wheels....

I have 15" looking to buy 17" because I am thinking bigger brakes in the future.

I want something very light, under 16lbs per wheel.

I found Buddy Club P1 QF wheels, they are supposed to weigh at 12.9 lb for 17x7.5. Any word?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Lightest 17\" Wheels....

I am getting confused by small little things.

I need 17", what is the bolt pattern and offset for focus?

4-108 and +49mm??

I searched for wheels online and it seems that 4-100 +42mm is the most popular wheel. Are wheels for Focus hard to come by?

I also want my wheel to weight around 16lbs. I know Rota makes wheels like that, do they fit?
On top of that there is this whole debate about wheel sizes, offsets and rubbing.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts

4-108 is the correct bolt pattern. 42mm offset is the most common for 17".
These are 12-13lbs each, and $139 each direct from Centerline.

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts

I wonder if those come in black....

·
Banned
17,312 Posts

The offset will vary depending on wheel width as far as what's desirable...

·
Registered
364 Posts

With weight loss off the wheel comes strength issues.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts

Here here. I contacted Centerline about this and they said I should look elsewhere as these wheels would not stand up to track usage. Now maybe they have changed some things. They are nice wheels and I would love to use them but I can't.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts

I put my OZ Supperleggeras on the scale before I had tires mounted. The scale showed 16.5 lbs. I think that is prity good for a 17x7.

·
Registered
4 Posts

ATS Comp lites: $105 each from discount tire direct with free shipping. 15x7 is 13lbs, I'd guess 15-16 for the 17" wheels.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts

I put my OZ Supperleggeras on the scale before I had tires mounted. The scale showed 16.5 lbs. I think that is prity good for a 17x7.
Ditto.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Seems like for now OZ Supperleggeras is my primary choice, they have correct bolt pattern, they are relatively light 16.5lb and I always liked OZ.

Except they are NOT race proven, I don't think anyone ever used them on the track.
joke.

I just wish I could buy something for less then $200 cause OZ are 230 from the tirerack.

·
Registered
634 Posts

If you like OZ, I think there is a guy who is selling a set of 4 Crono Evolutions on here for $700 obo. Check out the for sale section. I believe those are pretty light as well

·
Registered
1,823 Posts

Don't know about the Centerline Storms, but I've used the Centerline RPMs on the track and they held up fine. I've had one wheel spoke crack on street driving due to a defect and Centerline replaced that wheel for free. RPMs weighed in at around 13lbs. Centerlines don't make 4x108 wheels in more than 42mm offset I believe. I run 42mm with coilovers and don't rub at all. Rota wheels in 17x7.5 would be my next choice for light weight and value (about 14-15lbs), then the OZ Superleggera in 17x7.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts

My Centerline RPM's have 40,000 miles on them now. Not a single problem. Tires (Parada Spec 2 205/45/17) and rims weigh 32 pounds.

·
Registered
364 Posts

Seems like for now OZ Supperleggeras is my primary choice, they have correct bolt pattern, they are relatively light 16.5lb and I always liked OZ.

Except they are NOT race proven, I don't think anyone ever used them on the track.
joke.

I just wish I could buy something for less then $200 cause OZ are 230 from the tirerack.
I've got the OZ Supperleggeras 17x7s and I drive them hard and the wife has even curbed them and I have never had anything wrong except for a small scratch from the curbing. I will be putting them to Nurnbergring as soon as I get back from Kyrgyzstan also and as well as any other track or event I can find before the winter!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts