Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. I have found some older information on this, but nothing really convincing me of anything.

Now I'm looking at a new battery (70k miles and three winters later) because the old one is on it's way out. I figured, hey, prime time for a lighter battery! I've found two battery possibilities, but I need more info from you guys.

POSSIBILITY #1: Stock Motorcraft Battery
This weighs about 40lbs and is $60 or $80, depending on which quality of battery you want.

POSSIBILITY #2: Optima Red Top Battery
This battery seems like a solid performer, but it really doesn't lose that much weight. It weighs 34lbs and prices at $120.

POSSIBILITY #3: DynaBatt Battery
This battery weighs like 15lbs and prices at $140. The bad thing is that I don't think it could handle Minnesota winters and these are known for overcharging very easily.

So what do you guys think? Part of me is leaning towards the Optima battery, but part of me says just get a stock battery because there is no real good solution out there. BTW, I would be leaving it in the stock location. Thanks for your input guys!

·
Registered
190 Posts
CTZX3 haz been running a small battery for a while, he would be able to answer your questions.

I am looking into a dynabatt or dropping my stock battery 6" with a custom bracket.

Milan

·
Registered
538 Posts
Don't buy the dyna batt! over priced and the same thing as the genesis or hawker or odyssey.

I got mine here CHEAP!
Portable Power Systems

Turbo Tom has the perfect bracket for it too.
Focus-Power.com
LOl It cost more than the battery but its awsome I have to buy one!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts