Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course at around 5 p.m. today on a long weekend with decent weather predicted..... Power steering hose failure... Crap!!! I have not decided if I'm going to bring it in on Tuesday or fix it myself. I can't stomach the idea of some apprentice kid changing my hose and then taking my car out for a thorough beating. I used to work at Ford and I have seen to many so called mechanics wreck customers cars.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Its always bad to hear of stuff like that. And man, dont tell me that, I just left my svt at the dealer for a long list of problems. Dont expect her back for quit a while, now Ill be worried about some kid burnning up my new tires!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well I picked my car up today and it was wrecked by the dealership
some how it magicaly received damage to the rear bumper but they are going to fix it. If you want to know what dealer it was pm me.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Well I picked my car up today and it was wrecked by the dealership
some how it magicaly received damage to the rear bumper but they are going to fix it. If you want to know what dealer it was pm me.
It has Ford in the name, right?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yeah, my dealership put over ten miles on my car when it was in. I know they had to drive it to diagnose it, but since they also stole the change out of my car, I have to wonder what those 10 miles were like.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Uh oh, do I see a trend here? Bluetoy, I've had my power steering go out on my twice since my JRSC. The first time it was a hose as you described, but they ended up replacing the whole system. This time I haven't bad time to jack it up yet so I'm not sure where it is leaking from. Like my other post, I'm wondering if the JRSC and hard driving is causing a lot of vibration or jerking around that is breaking things loose. Do you have new motor mounts by chance?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still waiting for a p/s hose..... [censored] Ford

·
Registered
993 Posts
Wow, still? They had mine in 2 days. That's UNtypical of my dealership. They jerked me on the free rental saying they weren't going to cover it under warranty this time as per Ford. I fought with them, had a Ford rep come out and declare it warranty work...but I was still screwed out of a rental car for the week.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Had a power stearing hose go out on mine too. Took em a almost 2 weeks to get the part in. Claimed they couldn't find it in there books and had to research.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts