Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I was thinking the other day that as I rack up the miles on my car and approach 30K. What the highest amount of milage someone has been able to get out of a focus? Yours or other people's foci included...

·
Registered
176 Posts
This is also tremendously interesting to me, as, by my depreciation chart (I'm waiting until I can buy one for under $2,000), I'll probably be driving Foci from 150,000 to around 200,000 miles.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
iunno but ive been thru 8 CD PLAYERS!!!

i think there was a thread about a foci with really high mileage...but i dont remember how much, it was up there tho.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
I'm pretty sure one fellow checked into that thread w/over 200K, and several over 100K.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Was at the dealership tday with mine, and the service guy said he had onein at 220,000 miles still running strong, no major problems!

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
stickshifter is putting miles on at an alarming rate. I don't think he's broken 50 yet, but his car is two months old

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
heavily modified 2000 SPI manual with 88K miles. no major problems. ignition lock cylander froze up once and I think my ECU is on its last leg. still runs great.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Mine is 2 months old, 3400 miles and has been in for the AC CD Player Paint and a broken Seat Belt. Minor things, but enough to make me nervous. Husband said last night it's ok to trade it in and take the loss ($) just from hearing about all the problems they have. (Mazda Protege5 is just calling my name!!)

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
The MP5 is a great car. Id love to get one. but what problems are you talking about. Mine is an early 2000. I went thru about 10 recalls and new cylander head design. I was worried about it too but 88K miles or great driving has put me at ease. you are still way under warrenty and with no sign of mechanical trouble, I wonder what you are fretting about.
I wouldnt take a loss unless the car left me stranded more than once. thats just me though.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
34K in 17 months

Anyway I've read that Ford designs their engines to last at least 150K with out any interal work needing to be done to them

·
Registered
767 Posts
82,368 since December 4, 2000, (I bought it with 14 miles on the OD)
Mechanical repairs: fuel pump, ECU, EGR valve
Cosmetic repairs: Front & rear bumpers, drivers door
All recalls are done & up to date. Original brakes & clutch.
Still running strong with no signs of wear or "tiredness". Getting around 28-29 mpg on average.

ec9

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I'm only at 42k miles here but 30k of those miles have been at 5-7psi with the dreaded SFMS(5th injector) as my only tuning/fuel management. It's been driven very hard. Been on the rev limiter in 1st and 2nd gear many times(auto-x).

Only problems so far: Fuel pump and DPFE sensor. Both replaced by Ford with the turbo still on the car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ive put on 33,000 miles in 14 months with no major problems,
a few little ones like a broken catalitic converter and the ignition locked up, but other than that it seems preety reliable.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts