Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, my hood got hailed on, so I've been looking a cheap carbon fiber hood. I finally found one, but its painted white. It was cheap enough, I was just gonna paint it my Twilight Blue and let it go. But now he says he has another I could also buy from him. This is the pic he sent me. Has anyone else ever seen this? Any more pics of it on their car??

The Ram-Air is supposed to work with it too, it directs the air right to the top of the air filter. Which would be awesome, since I have a Volant Intake, and planned on picking up a FocusSport SC. But I'm afraid this hood might scream too much attention. Or maybe its just me...Opinions?? Painted OEM CF Hood, or this RamAir hood?

·
MAKE IT RAIN! ... is that like [email protected](3+/ a [email protected]" and @
7,550 Posts
Its called "The Good Hood"... one of the first actually FUNCTIONAL focus ram air hoods. A nice hood if u have the right body components to match it, on a stock body, it looks funny.

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats also what I was thinking. If I'm putting on a RS body kit, it might look too drastic. And take away from that OEM look of the car. Like a said, it will get too much attention from the wrong person.

·
7,550 Posts
with an RS kit, it would look kinda akward since it has that boxy square look, which would contrast with the RS's round flowing shape, IMO.

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
with an RS kit, it would look kinda akward since it has that boxy square look, which would contrast with the RS's round flowing shape, IMO.
Yeah, me and you always seem to agree about everything, it must be the color...

Way too aggresive IMO

Just a quick question, since this topic is about me buying a hood. Since Majikal just kinda make my mind up, if I buy the CF hood. Is it possible to sand the paint down to the bare CF and put some kind of sealer on it to prevent UV damage? Or should I just primer and paint over the white?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Even though its just a chop IMO i dont think that looks too bad, Even though the lines of the RS Kit aren't completly rounded, they have somewhat of a Boxed look to them that almost compliments the Ram Air Hood , its your call, but I have to vote for liking the RAH/RS Kit Combo

·
7,550 Posts
that chop makes it look good, but that chop doesnt have the hard crisp lines that the hood really has. It could look good, who knows. And ur better off just re-painting the CF

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yeah, me and you always seem to agree about everything, it must be the color...

Way too aggresive IMO

Just a quick question, since this topic is about me buying a hood. Since Majikal just kinda make my mind up, if I buy the CF hood. Is it possible to sand the paint down to the bare CF and put some kind of sealer on it to prevent UV damage? Or should I just primer and paint over the white?

I dont know... I think that looks good... I'd rock it!

·
7,550 Posts
Kinda looks like a knock off of "Tribals" hood w/o the vents.
tribals hood was produced AFTER the good hood if im not mistaken, as the good hood was one of the first aftermarket hoods for our cars. and tribals Cobra style hood is MUCH larger than the good hood, the good hoods vent is about 8-9 inches wide and maybe 2 inches tall... where as tribals cobra hood probably raises 5 or 6 inches and spans more than half the hood.

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think he said it was fiberglass. I know its not CF. If it were CF, I'd for sure buy it. But I wanted something lightweight, so I think I'm just gonna pass on it and take the painted CF hood he has.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
i can't see why a person couldn't sand the paint off of a painted cf hood very carefully. There is usually a pretty thick top coat of resin on cf, so as long as you didn't sand your way through that, you should be fine. Then buff it up, and clear coat

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i can't see why a person couldn't sand the paint off of a painted cf hood very carefully. There is usually a pretty thick top coat of resin on cf, so as long as you didn't sand your way through that, you should be fine. Then buff it up, and clear coat
Well, even if I did screw it up, I could just paint over it anyway. I'm not losing anything. But I'm still sure what one to go with, the GoodHood, or the CF one.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
wow that is one of the first aftermarket hoods for the focus...maybe the first

keystone is always spitting hoods out first

not a good look in my opinion, think the kaminari has similar styling but flows a lot better, that vent just looks like those autoparts store stick on ones to me

think im still gonna go with the invader tho with black surrounding and the inner vent area kept carbon fiber

-chris

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
If you are talking about the grill that covers the scoop opening..
me?
Yeah. I might have read your post to fast. I wasn't sure if you were describing the Kaminari hood vent or the Keystone one. I haven't seen the Kaminari vent in person, but the Keystone one looks good imo.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
If you are talking about the grill that covers the scoop opening..
me?
Yeah. I might have read your post to fast. I wasn't sure if you were describing the Kaminari hood vent or the Keystone one. I haven't seen the Kaminari vent in person, but the Keystone one looks good imo.
na i think the Keystone looks way too much like those 'stick on' vents u can get at the local autoparts stores...ya kno

the kaminari just flows a lot better in IMO

-chris

1 - 20 of 29 Posts