Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone here tune with SCT Livewire?

I had a half tune done by Randy before the timing belt went... Now we have a new fully rebuilt motor with a bigger turbo :stir:

I heard Randy doesn't tune MK1's anymore, who's out there to choose from?

Joe

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Go standalone(Haltech, AEM, etc) or buy Honda.

Fernando is good. I've seen issues but most are good.

- Drew

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Joe, I will be tuning my car myself (with Ray's help). Contact me directly and we can discuss this as I get the software and tuning practices all figured out.
Duuuuude! Nice bra!

Stand alone would be cool, but at this point we are just trying to get it out of the garage

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Understood OP, just a suggestion. Because options are slim.

Standalone is totally unnecessary haha

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
SCT is awful to use, always has been.

Now there is next to no options for tuners for it, going at it yourself is your best option and again, it's truly awful to use and tune with.

Upgrade to a system that many people can tune on(including yourself) more easily while opening up an avenue of on the fly map switching/logging and altering along with several 12v outputs/inputs and much more sensible tuning logic? Not too mention trash canning the MAF sensor.

Yeah, let's not think outside the box, we want this platform to dwindle into nothingness so we can remain cool and hip for not doing new things.

- Drew

·
Potato Camera Operator
8,401 Posts
I view SCT as a very small hurdle to jump as long as one exercises patience. If Randy learned to use it, who says I can't? I understand this whole "out-of-the-box" thing (you seem to.forget who you're speaking with in that context), but I'd rather not spend thousands of dollars and several weeks rewiring my car on a $400 problem that takes some patience to overcome. After all, that type of effort is what causes.... Unfinished projects...

Drew, Joe's not breaking ground here. He's running a Roush kit on an SVT, and he'd just like to drive the damn car for the first time in three years. Why is he going to jump into a giant project that he doesn't understand when he can just plug a laptop into the car and I can monkey around with it for him over a few evenings?

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
I look forward to you tuning his car/setup on SCT over a few evenings.

If Randy learned it, why can't you? Didn't say you couldn't, just said it's a an awful platform to devote yourself to.

- Drew

·
Potato Camera Operator
8,401 Posts
I look forward to you tuning his car/setup on SCT over a few evenings.

If Randy learned it, why can't you? Didn't say you couldn't, just said it's a an awful platform to devote yourself to.

- Drew
I plan on doing it with my car, and it's a lot weirder than this setup...

I'm not saying Megasquirt is a bad idea, either. I'm just saying that it's not necessary on a largely stock SVT with an off-the-shelf Roush/precision turbo on it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Matt, SCT actually has a 800 dollar online training course, have you thought about looking into it? I was thinking about doing it the other night, but decided against it because I'm broke. In Drew's defense SCT has let me down multiple times in the past, I've had to have it remanufactured twice in like 3 year period.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I plan on doing it with my car, and it's a lot weirder than this setup...

I'm not saying Megasquirt is a bad idea, either. I'm just saying that it's not necessary on a largely stock SVT with an off-the-shelf Roush/precision turbo on it.
Matt, not sure if it makes it difficult or not but since you've seen it, the car has been rebuilt with forged internals and new (larger) turbonetics turbo. I just want this thing to run to get it to the new owners house in middle town. Ive been fixing up a car since february (2015) thats not even mine!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts