Ford Focus Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ray let me borrow he bead roller vice grips for the IC piping, worked like a charm! Idk man i think this car is cursed you may want to steer clear of it. Right now open loop is all messed up its stuttering and hanging revs all over the place :|

·
I
13,288 Posts
Have you guys looked into Sniper tuning? I saw them posted on here years ago, seemed easier to use. I have zero experience with it.

FWIW with MegaSquirt, you can run in parallel with the stock ECU and you can still let the stock ECU control the IAC and coil dwell. That's how I have the XR setup so the only wiring mods I had to do were wiring the plug up to splice in the MS (it's plug and play, the harness Dave built plugs into the OEM plug and then splits into the MS and ECU plug) and wire in the MAP sensor to the old VAM wiring. That's it. It's definitely an option. Passing CT emissions would be as simple as putting in stock injectors, the MAF, and then leaving only the OEM ECU in place.

I see Kristin (Steeda Focus Chick) just posted up a Pectel ECU for sale too. $600.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/611588722215079/permalink/1192755644098381/

·
Registered
317 Posts
Sniper is now Delta Force Tuning. Just sent them an email about Focus support- their site lists 97-02..

I'll let you guys know what I hear back.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Looks like they gave up at that point:

"I'm sorry, we do not offer any Focus support newer than 2002."

poop.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks for looking into sniper for me Buick and SrDudley

Joe, those look like great options for the future, but at this point I'm just trying to get this car out of my garage and into the new owners

Joe

21 - 29 of 29 Posts