Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get fender flares that aren't so enormous that they would look stupid with an SVT rear and stock front bumper(switching front bumpers later)?? I'm getting ready to repaint my car soon and I'd like to install some mild flares beforehand. Anyone??

-Mike

·
Registered
4,476 Posts

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
well if ur looking for mild flares that wont affect the look with the original bumper...the only way is just rolling ur stock fenders

if u want to delve into a lot of body work, u can use universal flares or even the WW ones, but u'll have to pay some $$$ to have them molded to the bumpers

if not they'll look INSANELY cheap, like u bought them at the autoparts store and stuck em on

-chris

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well if ur looking for mild flares that wont affect the look with the original bumper...the only way is just rolling ur stock fenders

if u want to delve into a lot of body work, u can use universal flares or even the WW ones, but u'll have to pay some $$$ to have them molded to the bumpers

if not they'll look INSANELY cheap, like u bought them at the autoparts store and stuck em on

-chris
How far out can I roll my fenders without damaging them?? I want to get like an inch out. Is it possible?? I've never rolled fenders. Thanks.

-Mike

·
Registered
18,488 Posts

-chris
How far out can I roll my fenders without damaging them?? I want to get like an inch out. Is it possible?? I've never rolled fenders. Thanks.

-Mike
i don't have any real experience with rolling fenders but i kno it has been done here on FJ. You'll have to rent a fender roller to do this which shouldn't be too expensive or u can have it done by a body man.

did a lil search for u buddy and found this thread, didn't read thru it but it should give u an idea who to talk to or pm.

Rolled and Ready

-chris

·
[FJ] Special Ed.
8,294 Posts
please someone post pictures of fender flares, I am interested in changing the stock bumpers to make this happen. I might head in this direction in a while, so post em up

·
[FJ] Special Ed.
8,294 Posts
or how about this, explain to me what rolling the fender means, heard it so much but never asked, someone pelase fill me in??

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts
or how about this, explain to me what rolling the fender means, heard it so much but never asked, someone pelase fill me in??
you use a fender roller and it pushed the inner lip of teh fender out, and if you go far enough, pushes the fender itself out. Follow that link and you'll see pics of when a few of us in norcal did it.

·
Illage Vidiot
2,601 Posts
please someone post pictures of fender flares, I am interested in changing the stock bumpers to make this happen. I might head in this direction in a while, so post em up
here is some photos of mine they are of my car and they are universal fender flares that i molded into the car.

hope this helps

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
and how bout u look above ur post

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

-chris

-Mike
i don't have any real experience with rolling fenders but i kno it has been done here on FJ. You'll have to rent a fender roller to do this which shouldn't be too expensive or u can have it done by a body man.

did a lil search for u buddy and found this thread, didn't read thru it but it should give u an idea who to talk to or pm.

Rolled and Ready

-chris
Thanks for the link man, now that I look at it, I remember reading that post. Thanks again.

-Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts