Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looks like i\'ll be going into a weekend project, intake manifold

the throttle has been sticking as of late you might have heard of by now....i've heard it's the IAC valve after checking just about everything else possible on the whole car...i heard the IAC valve gums up and sticks open causing this kind of problem...so my question to you...where are all the bolts and what is the easiest way to do this..from under the car or over it..

·
Registered
892 Posts
Re: looks like i\'ll be going into a weekend project, intake mani

swapping intake manifolds is fairly straight forward, most bolts are easy to get to, but you might need to remove the alternator bolts to swing it out of the way to get the manifold off... that's what I had to do when I put the '00 manifold on...

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts

the alternator reinstallation is by far the most pain in the ass part. you will need to be both under and over the car for this.

·
9 and 3 Damnit! 9 AND 3!!!!!!!
9,347 Posts

the alternator reinstallation is by far the most pain in the ass part. you will need to be both under and over the car for this.
x2 the alternator is a bitch

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

yea i forgot about that alternator thing

·
Registered
2,778 Posts

I dont remeber how many intake manifolds I have done, but I have never needed to move the alternator. It is pretty difficult. The worst one is that stud that is right above intake manifold. You might want to get a reverse torx bit for that stud, because if you try loosening that nut and the stud starts coming off, its going to be a big PITA. Holding that reverse torx on the stud while loosening the nut works best. Other than that its 13mm and 10mm and 30 torx bit. Make sure you put the map sensor back in the correct way. If you put it on backwards, the car will run like ass.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts