Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
9 and 3 Damnit! 9 AND 3!!!!!!!
9,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mods are in my profile what do i go with next?

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Cuz you're lazy... I'll do the work for you.

GO: AEM CAI, FC 65mm TB, early 00 ported intake manifold, OBX 4-2-1 race header , FC 2 1/4 in flex, Magnaflow 2 1/4 in flex back exhaust, FC crank and water underdrive pullies, AEM alt underdrive pull

OK... that being said, you're lookin at some SCT time from FocusSport... then maybe some cams. Or a head.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Cams, gears, head...FI

·
9,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
maybe a bigger exhaust too.
Not until he gets a head really.....
bigger than 2 1/4 for mild cams and tuning? or ev en mild cams and a head? sorry for teh lazyness i wont let it happen again

·
Registered
859 Posts
Cam gears and SCT from FocusSport are the last bolt-ons you can do that make a difference.
I am in the same category: "have every bolt-on but no REAL power adder".

·
9,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what cams and gears do you all reccomend? if i get cams the idle will be fixed with sct but i want to still be able to move down low at least a little

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Stage 2/3 cams are going to rob a bit of power down low. you'll make it up in the midrange, but by the higher RPM's, you'll be zinging along pretty happily. These are nice mods and pretty easy to do. Make sure that if you replace the cams, go ahead and do a gear swap as well. It's well worth it, since you'll be able to dial in your cam timing to meet your power requirements and the characteristics of your new cams.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts