Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i wanna cat back for my zx3 and i wanna spend about 300 give or take and i wanna exaust thats noticeably louder... but not a ricy sound, im getting my aem cai soon and thats prolly gunna b my only other performance mod for a while.... i defintly want something that will turn heads... any input wood b cool

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'd say vibrant. It's got a cool sound to it...do a search in here and there is a sound clip of it too. I kinda liked it. I have a bosal, i wanted something a little quiet so i could drive on the highway and not listen to that drone all the time, I also plan on getting a race header, so i wanted an exhuast i could do that with.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool i think thats probably doable i jus wanna keep my options open i was looking at the yo dude w/ the flowmaster muffler... i believe its the loudest of the three they offer... and i was looking at the magnaflow but i belive its one of the quieter ones

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Originally posted by xtreme1227:
cool i think thats probably doable i jus wanna keep my options open i was looking at the yo dude w/ the flowmaster muffler... i believe its the loudest of the three they offer... and i was looking at the magnaflow but i belive its one of the quieter ones
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yeah the magnaflow is pretty quiet. after 4000rpm on that your intake sound takes over...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
byt he way if i couild get some links and/ or prices thanx for the help... but like i said im only familliar with the magnaflow and yo dude

·
Registered
733 Posts
I had a muffler shop replace my piping from the flex pipe back with a 40 series flowmaster and a small tip with taxes and such it was 400 bux canadian. This was 2.5 inch Stainless...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
borlas are kinda pricy though arent they?

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
So you wanna make racket and be noticed, but only do an intake and exhaust?
Try a Borla and a Bunch of Yellow stickers.
Aluminum Bi-Plane Wings work well for getting noticed as well.....

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Heck, if you just want loud, just remove the stock mufflers and weld in a cherry bomb. Couldn't cost much more than $50.

·
Registered
857 Posts
hey guys,
like you already mentioned the flowmaster is the loudest of the three mufflers we offer. the magnaflow is softer.

ill try and see if i can find a sound clip of the flowmaster for ya.

also, remember we just recently lowered our prices on our stainless kits. All kits are $285.00, however choosing the flowmaster muffler, this [part] would not be stainless.

(aluminzied kits are $245.00)

later guys
josh
YD Performance

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by Bmorezx3:
the mbrp is pretty loud and it has a great sound. plus it's only $315 from www.mcnewsautomotive.com (jet sponsor)

Nate
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah, i'd go with that or the vibrant for loud and cheap. The extreme low end never seemed like a good idea to me...these are both middle low end systems. Here's a link to the vibrant, i have a sound clip too if you wanna hear it.
VIBRANT EXHAUST

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I reject the way you used the word ricy...

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Common phrase with non-Asian racers..
For me..it's just a stereotypic comment..
Yeah sure, I might be making this more then it is..but it's like saying to my Asian friend..

"Man your car looks white washed.."

It's for fun and it's also a common phrase for minorities..but I know it would offend some people or make people wonder..

"What do you mean by that??"

See my point..so yeah i'm making a big deal out of what seems to be a small one..but you got to understand where i'm coming from..

ONE

·
Registered
99 Posts
Bosal all they way, its not to loud but wen you step on it it barks, esp. with the FocusSport Cool-flo. @ idle its quiet and it doesn't drone to bad @ highway speeds. With a race header it will get louder I suspect. Its alos the best lookin cat-back for the Focus imo.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
can anyone gimme prices nd links for the vibrant and flowmaster?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts