Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

2.5" pipe flanged to flexpipe, welded to glasspack, wekded to turndown. Took far too long to find a place that could/would do this. Anyway sounds great, but is too loud below 3k. Found a fix for the header/powersteering problem... will be on later this week, yo dude flexpipe coming soon.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
The exhaust port the way you've done it is right under the back seats.Seriously. That's close and looooooooud.

cool idea though

·
Registered
299 Posts
You may want to rethink that support bracket if that's all you have supporting your glass pack.

My exhaust is very loud too without the cat and a Magnaflow catback.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I wouldnt idle that car and sit in it for any length of time. Thats a recipe for exhaust gasses to leak into the car......

and dear god that must be loud....

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
thats would rule, race headers and that setup on a rich runnin car, racing at night flames coming out the bottom

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
that must sound sweeeeeet

·
Registered
362 Posts
ya, thats what i thought about doing to mine. just getting a large glasspack like that and then having a smaller one coming out the back. with 2 and my cat it shouldnt be too loud. if i get the cizash then ill post it on here with an audio clip.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
ooh....open exhaust....

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Damn Alan, I thought you were kidding. That should help pick up a little low end torque, it will be interesting to see a dyno sheet.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
You should at least do a rearward-angled side-exit pipe. Those fumes COULD get to you, AND there's the fact that it is right under the rear seat.

I'll BET it's loud....
Not as loud as the same set-up on a big-block V-8....

[ 12-16-2002, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: MichaelXi ]

·
Registered
141 Posts
glasspacks can be purchased at any fine automotive parts retailer.
I would recomend Meijers and Tractor Supply Company.
Thats no joke

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Fumes aren't as bad as everyone thinks. I drove around Mustangs with turndowns just before the rear axle, and I never had problems with the exhaust gasses. On occassion I would catch a whiff of gasoline since the car ran so rich, but never once did I feel lightheaded.

[ 12-17-2002, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: PhocusZX3 ]

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
how does having no exhaust help gain torque???

Also, I suggest buying a race header if you don't have one already...Just to see your reaction!

I had a Race header with 2 inch piping straight back to a universal muffler, it was LOUD AS HELL. I can just imagine this.

No cops in your area?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would NEVER do what u did man... I got my ORP just a few days ago and together with my JBA headers and exhaust it's already louder than I ever wanted it:thumbdown: BUT, it's such a difference, it's like when I got my chip, HUGE difference, I don't even care about the sound anymore, i still wonder what I could do make my setup a lil quiter???

Nothing like playng around in the Highway on 5th gear, it pulls pretty damn good after 55 mph, under REGULAR TRAFFIC SITUATIONS i barely HAVE to go to 4th to make ANY move

·
Registered
110 Posts
Anybody know where I can get the new K&n short ram intake??? fipk or something like that..Thanks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts