Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Not to be a prick, but why? What does sound volume have to with anything? Loudness != Power.
Is it a street car?, which I am assuming by the nature of your post. Oh yeah, did I ask why?

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
it'll get old and annoying soon enuff...especially if u have 2 drive it everyday.

-Ult

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
i have the Borla & FC race header combo and it's disgustingly loud...

it really does get old... I hate having to turn up my radio just to hear it over the exhaust when cruisin on the highway..... And there is always having to crawl through residential neighborhoods late night so no to be a neussance(sp?)

I'd like to get the FS quiet exhaust or the bosal & silencer combo... but cant afford to flip the bill before selling my borla

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Ronde Baquie: I aggree... I have to roll at almost idle through residential neighborhoods as to not be a pain in the butt.... especially living in an apartment complex... there are a lot of people to anger if i wake people up... morning or night

[ 03-02-2003, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: TooleBox ]

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Originally posted by zx3 focus racer:
while we are talking about loud exhaust what is the quietest exhaust?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">the focussport quiet exhaust or the bosal w/ the silencer adapter

·
Registered
753 Posts
yo! how loud would a borla, fs shorty, random cat, and yo dude flex be? I have the borla w/ an aem short ram. its not as loud as I thought it would be so far. everyones like borla is soo loud... its quite tasteful to my ears. anyone hear this kinda setup? what am I in for? thanks

Jason

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
I just drove over 4 hours just below 100mph from Belgium to the house with NO exhaust at all. Now with the Supertrapp it is not bad but if it is any louder than the trapp then I would tell you forget it. On my car with no muffler the power is all but gone. Yes it is fun to drive around with a rally car like sound but when I have to leave to go to work at 6 am no one thinks it's cool. I have to get it fixed by monday night. Loud exhausts are cool in the begining but when longtime friends from next door come over and say cap it or loose it, well get the picture.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
one thing you didnt answer my question at all and answers to your questions i dont live in a neighborhood i live on a busy road so i wont wake anyone up i also work during the day and come home at night so i want a exhaust system that will keep me awake on the way home so any other replies i love loud exhaust l also drove a truck that had no muffler just a cat i use to drive it on the expressway all the time just something i am use to queit cant tell if car is one loud you know that your car is on

·
Registered
92 Posts
there is nothing worse than being woken up by some idiot driving through my neighborhood w/ a loud exhaust. in a race car go for it. in a street car it's an irritant.

there are many of us who struggle to legitimize our hobby/addiction. society however, looks to the problem people and calls us a bunch of punks. we may not agree with their opinion but we have to live with them and it's better not to go to war with your neighbors over a car.

just my $.02

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
i'm pretty sure the mbrp exhaust is the louder of the two you mentioned. vibrant also makes one i believe that has a more aggressive note.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
whats wrong w/the bosal tip? their changable, find the 1 u want. then run the silencer in between it.

-Ult

·
Registered
125 Posts
Originally posted by slider_rider:
so i want a exhaust system that will keep me awake on the way home
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">When my truck was my daily with 2 cherry bombs, the monotone drone would start to put me to sleep on long stretches of highway.

Mike

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
hey yeah if you wanna stay awake the thumpidy thump of a good pair of subs... and the crisp clear sound a good front stage

that way, if you want louder you turn the volume up... but if you want quieter, you turn the volume down... and it solves the problem of keeping you awake

[ 03-03-2003, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: demonfire ]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts