Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put on some new H&R sport springs 1.5" Do i have to do any machining to the factory struts. I already have a couple of different kinds of spring compressors, various other tools from doing my last car ( contour ) with H&Rs. All of the sets of directions i read say you need to take them to machine shop to put the new springs on the strut. Is this right or am i just misunderstanding the directions.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Nope. They go right on just like stock. Make sure to have your alignment checked afterwards. The fronts are struts...you may need a spring compressor to be safe.

·
Registered
609 Posts
no machining needed. you WILL need a spring compressor for the fronts. it is too dangerous to mess with without a set. there is a warning on most springs that say improper installation techniques can lead to serious injury or death. with that said, it is an easy job with the right tools

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't think that sounded right, so i quess i'm just gonna have to order those springs now. I did my last car, so i should be able to do this one too. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts