Ford Focus Forum banner

lowering springs........

287 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Auto-X-ZTS 
#1 ·
Now I want to lower my svt, but I have heard that just getting springs with the stock shocks and struts could actually make the handeling worse, is this true? My buddy has a 99 si civic and he just lowered his with the h&r springs with the stock shocks and struts and he says his ride is very rough, and more bumpy. He is going to get some shocks asap. What do you guys think? I was going to go witht the h&r springs.

#2 ·
I have BAT 35mm (progressive rate) springs with SVT dampers on my ZTS, and it woks pretty well, even for autocross. I am going to get stiffer springs--Steeda most likely--and I already have SPAX dampers ready to be installed. The changes are to help the car in being more competetive in autocrossing (STS), but as a street car what I have works really nicely... With the setup I have, I was about 2 seconds off of the fast guys on a 60ish second course at a recent CENDIV.

#3 ·
It really depends on HOW MUCH Lower.
A 1/2" to 3/4" drop is pretty Minor.
Much more than that, and you're likely to need Dampers prematurely.

#4 ·
It really depends on HOW MUCH Lower.
A 1/2" to 3/4" drop is pretty Minor.
Much more than that, and you're likely to need Dampers prematurely.
Thats true; the SVT is already about 3/4" lower than standard Foci... Unless specifically noted the springs you buy will be based off of a regular car not an SVT; in other words my BAT springs would only lower you another 3/4" to what is on the SVT...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.