Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically I'm wondering which springs (Progress, Eibach, H&R, or others if they are out there) lower the focus the least. I've read what the manufacturers and sellers say but I'd like to hear from real foci owners.

My dillema is that I want to lower for the benefits of better handling and acceleration/braking BUT I'd rather not get too low (PA roads are definetely not the smoothest, especially in the winter
)

Thanks

·
Ho, ho, ho... Green Giant
4,287 Posts
hmm... from what i've researched, the SVT swap might be your best bet. putting in the stock SVT suspension components gets you about .75"-1" shorter. If you want aftermarket, I beleive Eibach makes a 1.2" drop kit. Also, keep in mind that coil-overs wouls allow you to set the exact height you'd like. they just runmore cash (for the good ones anyway. stay away from that ebay crap!)

Mike

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
if you just want some better handling then definately go for svt suspsension. however, you shouldn't have any reason to NOT believe what a manufacturer says. If they say 1.2" drop, then you'll get pretty much that. If you have a system or something heavy in your car, then naturally, you'll be a little lower.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts