Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Not sure if all of you have read about it yet but there's a Group buy going for the Quaifes right now at a good price ($555).

Thing is, NoLimitMotorsports, supplier, is also selling ACT clutch/pressure plate kit and I'm in DEFINITE need of new clutch. I'm thinkin about just going for it all now, especially while I have the $$ ($$ doesn't flow very much around my way), and getting it all done at once while the tranny is open.

Does it seem senseless to put the Quaife in right now on a STOCK Focus (minus a UDP but not counting it)? I am currently working out a turbo setup that I hope to have materialized by Spring '03 but that's still months away.

One part wants it now, disregarding the fact that I have nothing for the LSD to control. But another part of me is reminding me there's no point right now and to just wait.

Thanks for any input.

[ 10-31-2002, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Focused ]

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
I put a quaife in on my stock SVT, and I love it. It's fun to be able to accelerate hard out of a turn and feel it pull without much spin. And if you plan on going with power some day down the line, then you wont need to fork over the massive cash "again" to put in the LSD. I figure if you are RIGHT THERE... and you have the money. Go for it. Oh and if you EVER had plans for a flywheel, do that too. If not, then no worries!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts