Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I am!

I will be going with my wife, and my brother, FeeFeeFooFoo111111111. We live in upstate NY, which is WAY far away. Not a bad thing though, it'll be a fun trip. We'll have about a 15hr drive. We'll be staying the whole weekend, just gotta find a motel to stay in for the weekend.

I'm so looking forward to it. I can't wait!!

(LSPR = Lake Superior Pro Rally)

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
you better book a hotel ASAP, or plan on sleeping in your car

this is in the middle of nowhere, not a lot of rooms in the area

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
If you go say hi to the Boullion's for me. They used to drive a neon and just purchased Okula's old Focus so they are Ford racers now. I am good friends with them, but the trip from North Carolina is a bit of a hike.

Cheers,
Andrew

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you go say hi to the Boullion's for me. They used to drive a neon and just purchased Okula's old Focus so they are Ford racers now. I am good friends with them, but the trip from North Carolina is a bit of a hike.

Cheers,
Andrew

Yeah, I saw them at the STPR (Susquehanna Trail Pro Rally) this year in June.

Their Focus is pretty sick. I hope to have one like that one day........that is....when I am FILTHY RICH!!! BWAAHAHAHA!!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'll probably go. I go to school (Michigan Tech.) in Houghton, which is base camp for the LSPR. Unfortunately, it's not as fun as it used to be. You're only allowed to watch at designated spectator spots where visibility is usually poor due to the crowd and the way they rope it off. We used to be able to randomly wander the woods and watch wherever we pleased. Plus you can't even watch the Brockway Mountain jump anymore.
Plus, I don't think there's any factory supported teams anymore.

On the dirt roads to the stages, watch out for stupid kids in wrx's. A couple years ago, we got passed by a wrx full of teenagers that later flipped into a ditch just up the road. Two of them somehow got pinned under the car so my buddies and I had to lift it and drag them out. They were fine after a few days in the hospital.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I won't be there, but my brother will. He's co-driving the Paladin Racing Subaru Imprezza.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I should be there running the #612 VW GTi. Ojibwe Forests rally was this weekend, but we didn't run it...I had to save a little coin and was way too busy at work.. Entry was $850 for the two day event, and with gas how it is the weekend just got too expensive. I wish that they would run more rally-sprint type events to keep costs down.

Anywho, I should make LSPR this year. It a nutball event. Much more rough than the MN rallies. Last year it was pouring rain and slippery as all get-out. The famous Brockway jump hasn't been in the race since I've ran it in '03, so its not that you can't watch it...its not on the stage anymore. I've seen clips of it from previous years and its sick.

I don't think that the spectator situation helps the sport at all. Bunching everyone together into little roped-off areas sucks, and spectators will stop coming to watch if they can't see anyting. Its too bad thats the way it has to be. The U.S. is just too sue-happy. They sport can't afford anymore spectator accidents, insurance is way too high as it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts