Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy here in STL has a M-90 out of a super coupe mounted on a 3.0 litre lebaron. Has his intake go through the supercharger down trough a FMIC then up to his throttle body. His mounting and stuff is all custom. My dad has access to a cnc mill and would be willing to make custom mounts for it. Will it fit under the hood of a ZX3? Where could it be mounted at under the hood? I realize the M-90 is huge. I was thinking of maybe modifying the intake manifold and the throttle body so that it faced down instead of up so that the throttle body inlet is from the bottom rather than the top to make clearance for the supercharger to mount where the throttle body is on a stock zetec. I would plan on running 5 psi at first and eventual maybe 15 psi (with proper engine management and internals) and to have an intercooler sort of like how the guy with the lebaron did it. Is it possible to have a M-90 on a focus and has anyone done it yet?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
http://harvii.tripod.com that is the guys web page. He has pictures of his setup. Anyone think that could be done on a ZX3?

·
Registered
733 Posts
It will be a very tight fit...
personally the only place I could see you placing it is near the firewall. with a customer intake manifold...
even then you will have to move the alternator and buy a new accesory belt system...
A lot of work and very expensive and frankly too much hassle.. Fueling will be a pain.. plus fabbing a bracket for the intake and throttle body...

·
TEAM Sponsor
805 Posts
I'd love a ride in his car...unfortunitly i'm in PA.
Those 3.0L were torquey without FI....i'd love to feel it with the M-90

1 - 4 of 4 Posts