Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, finally got some pictures together of the car. FYI Gingerman has an open test evening this friday.

edit: pictures stamped with my name fron another forum, too lazy to upload them again.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what kinda spoiler is that? wont you get to much understeer with that?
The rear wing is a factory european motorsport wing (completely carbon fiber, uprights too(painted)), and to balance that out (although it's hard to tell in the picture) there is a front splitter that comes out about 4-5 inches. The problem with the car right now is actually oversteer. I switched back to a stock rear sway bar to try to get some more rear grip, and it helped a little, but as you can see in one of the pictures it is lifting the front inside wheel. Probably going to go up to 1,100 lb/in rear springs.

-Andrew

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
Yum!

·
Registered
924 Posts
gimme gimme gimee

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
GD, Tire Rack much. Do they sponsor all of those cars? I saw Tire Rack banners on a bunch of cars here for last weeks AutoX too.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
GD, Tire Rack much. Do they sponsor all of those cars? I saw Tire Rack banners on a bunch of cars here for last weeks AutoX too.
They sponsor the series, and require the competitors to run the stickers.

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
Interesting. So you probably pay to race, and have to put a banner on your car (do you pay for that as well, or is it provided?) and don't get any free goodies?

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
second pic, 4th from the back on the right (from our perspective), the white E36, is that an M3 Lightweight or is it just painted kinda like one?

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
You have the 3.0 or the 3.2 M3 E36? Friend in K.C> MO just got a deal on an 95 M3. He wants me to ship hima 3.2L from here.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Interesting. So you probably pay to race, and have to put a banner on your car (do you pay for that as well, or is it provided?) and don't get any free goodies?
It really isn't a big deal... the banner is free.

Those at competition events are used to running required stickers. Even at the Solo II National level, they require the Tire Rack banner, three SCCA stickers, two tour stickers, sponsor stickers, and numbers/letters of a particular height, stroke, and spacing requirement.

In effect, they are making the series cheaper to run, and the savings helps the organization, which in turn helps the members. It all works out in the end.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Stickers are free, I have a crapload of them laying around. You still have to pay the entry fee, but the series sponsors often give out stuff, but not to everyone, so you aren't supposed to talk about it

second pic, 4th from the back on the right (from our perspective), the white E36, is that an M3 Lightweight or is it just painted kinda like one?
I really don't know, but I doubt it. The yellow one is though

You have the 3.0 or the 3.2 M3 E36?
3.2 from a 99. The car is kind of a mix of years but was origionally a 95 M3 LTW

-Andrew

1 - 20 of 26 Posts