Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MAC Products Part # 5220
never saw it until tonight...much cheaper than the z eng (focus sport) one...

edit: duh forgot to give the price $79.50

heres a photo: http://www.online-racer.com/5220.jpg

[ 01-20-2003, 01:11 AM: Message edited by: KicknZX3 ]

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
But not as cheap as the $20 insert. Why not just press your own and save the money? It's easy and not any different.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by doogie78:
But not as cheap as the $20 insert. Why not just press your own and save the money? It's easy and not any different.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i already did this...but it wasn't for me. it was to give people other options.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with the MAC products?...good...bad...? I understand they also have a shorty header with similar price savings. I was wondering if it is worth it, and if it has a good reputation??

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
slick...i noticed that too and it confused me...just waiting to see if someone will order one

·
Registered
826 Posts
HAD IT.LOVED IT. WIFE COULDN'T DEAL WITH IT.IMPROVED MY 60' TIME 2 TENTHS.IF YOU RACE,IT'S THE BEST WAY TO GO IF YOU CAN STAND THE VIBRATION.

·
Registered
733 Posts
managed to break a socket trying to undo the bolts down there.. damn.....

·
Registered
94 Posts
how bad of a vibration is it? and is it felt through the whole car or just the steering wheel?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Originally posted by ZilverX:
Does anyone have any experience with the MAC products?...good...bad...? I understand they also have a shorty header with similar price savings. I was wondering if it is worth it, and if it has a good reputation??
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">one of my most favorable upgrades, very useful in transfering HP to the wheels, very reputable company for mustangs, so why would they leave the focus hanging?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
is a motor mount beneficial for me? how does it reduce track times? what purpose does it serve?

thanks
Jon

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
Originally posted by jonszx3:
is a motor mount beneficial for me? how does it reduce track times? what purpose does it serve?

thanks
Jon
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Minimizes engine movement and helps keep power planted to the ground.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
so this is something anyone can consider? or is it mostly for bigger HP foci? also what does this take to install? hours?

Jon

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
a jack and about a half hr...remove a few a few bolts with the engine jacked a lil and secured...take out the old wishbone design, but the new one in

[ 01-21-2003, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: KicknZX3 ]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts