Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What up FJ. I was wanting to get some feedback on the MAC short ram intake if anyone has one or has heard anything about them. Power, maintenance, quality, installation etc. Anything will help. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Quality is good, installation is pretty easy and straightforward. But since it is an open short ram, you will be sucking in hot engine bay air which will decrease performance and it will be very noticeable. I suggest getting a volant, or some other sealed intake system. I am currently running the stock setup with an svt-snorkle,k&n filter,and iceman-addon duct and I am more than happy.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I own the MAC and its a great setup for the money you pay. Its very easy to install and quality is top notch. When i installed it i also put it my tb so i can't really tell ya how much power it adds but with it and the tb, my car really came alive. Its a fairly loud intake as well, it'll overpower a stock exhaust and an aftermarket exhaust unless you are running MBRP or headers. The hot air thing does suck, really bad. In hot temps, the car is very ill to launch and it'll bog if you try to dump the clutch too fast. Once you're moving you're fine. Don't think i can say much else except for the money you spend, its great if you're on a budget.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts