Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.. i have already searched through and looked up on how to install the mach 1 lip, and it seems that all of the install write-ups were performed on the svt. seeing as the svt already has a lip, i see that the hardware used from the factory will be sufficient enough to install the mach 1 lip onto the svt bumper, but i have a zx3, so there is no factory hardware to be found. so my question is this: what type of hardware do i need?(size, quantity, etc.)
thank you

·
MAKE IT RAIN! ... is that like [email protected](3+/ a [email protected]" and @
7,550 Posts
a pack of self tapping screws and a screw gun... thats all you need....

oh, and something to trim the excess off in the wheel wells, dremel or hacksaw

·
7,550 Posts
i dont think it would be too easy to get on a euro bumper since the curve is much different from the US spec.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
the curve isn't the same btw mustang to focus anyway is it?
so either way it'll require moulding it
The curve is not the same, but it's really close. I didn't have to do any "moulding" at all. I used some Vise-Grips to hold it in place as I lined it up, trimmed off the excess at the wheelwells, drilled holes, and screwed it fast.
It was easy.

·
7,550 Posts
yeah, the curve is ALMOST the same with the US bumper focus and mustang. The euro focus bumper is much different shape than the US

·
7,550 Posts
Evan's got a new project. If anyone wants to contribute by finding me another Mach 1 lip for cheap I will be greatly appreciative.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Evan's got a new project. If anyone wants to contribute by finding me another Mach 1 lip for cheap I will be greatly appreciative.
i think a stick shift would look better, personally.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts