Ford Focus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
6,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In an effort to keep the information relevant we have decided to re-do the Mach Audio thread to get rid of all the useless info and present you with the cream of the crop.

I'm also locking this thread to keep it as information only. If you have a specific question or comment you can start a new thread.

Thanks to wht-zx3 for the original post and info.

(Please note that this is a Ford press photo and is highly photoshopped.)

These are the headlight part numbers

2M5Z-13008-HC RH
2M5Z-13008-HD LH
YS4Z-13A006-CA Headlamp jumper wire (You will need two if these.)

These are the VW part numbers

000-979-133 VW wires (qty. 12)
1J0-973-735 VW plug (qty. 2)

Here is how I hooked them up Thanks to Trey!!

**Please note this method will disconnect the stock turn signals and parking lights in the center grille**

I did this on my 2001 Ford Focus ZX3. I cannot ensure this is the same on all Foci but I hope it will help someone out there.

READ ALL OF THIS BEFORE STARTING THE PROJECT!!!!!!!!!!!

Disconnect the battery.

Install your fuses. I did not utilize the glass fuses, I simply replaced the stock 10amp with the required 15amp ones.

LEFT SIDE/DRIVER SIDE

Remove the headlamp. They are held by 3 screws, 2 are on top and one is under/behind the front fender. That last screw points to the center of the car.

Unplug the harness from the headlamp assembly.

Unscrew the 4 screws holding the front grille.and turn signals.

Unplug the harness from the turn signal sockets.

Plug the yellow wires included with your new lights into the following holes on the VW plugs that plug into the new lamps: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8

Clip the metal lead on the loose end of the yellow wire and strip 1/4 inch of wire.

Repeat this for the other harness as well.

Cut the wires from the old plug, be sure to leave enough on the old plug in case you need to re-install your old stock lamps again.

Strip about 1/4 inch of wire from those 3 wires.

Connect the yellow wires from the pins to the 3 wires as noted below (I recommend just twisting these together until it is tested, etc):
Pin 1 -> Green/Blue wire
Pin 2 -> Green/Orange wire
Pin 3 ->
Pin 4 ->
Pin 6 -> Black wire (This is the ground)
Pin 8 ->

Cut the wires from the old plug, be sure to leave enough on the old plug in case you need to re-install your old stock turn signals again.

Connect the yellow wires from the pins to the 3 wires as noted below (I recommend just twisting these together until it is tested, etc):
Pin 1 ->
Pin 2 ->
Pin 3 -> Blue w/Orange stripe wire
Pin 4 -> Orange w/Blue stripe wire
Pin 6 ->
Pin 8 -> Black wire (This is the ground)

If you want, simply splice the wires into the existing so that you can retain the stock grille mounted turn signals. This is strictly your choice.

*Go test it!*

If everything works, then connect them properly with the butt connectors and re-install your new light.

RIGHT SIDE/PASSENGER SIDE

Remove the headlamp. They are held by 3 screws, 2 are on top and one is under/behind the front fender. That last screw points to the center of the car.

Unplug the harness from the headlamp assembly.

Get your harness handy, we've already put the wires in the connectors so you should be ready.

Cut the wires from the old plug, be sure to leave enough on the old plug in case you need to re-install your old stock lamps again.

Pin 1 -> Green/Orange wire
Pin 2 -> Green/White wire
Pin 3 ->
Pin 4 ->
Pin 6 -> Black wire (This is the ground)
Pin 8 ->

Cut the wires from the old plug, be sure to leave enough on the old plug in case you need to re-install your old stock turn signals again.

Pin 1 ->
Pin 2 ->
Pin 3 -> Blue wire
Pin 4 -> Orange w/Green stripe wire
Pin 6 ->
Pin 8 -> Black wire (This is the ground)

If you want, simply splice the wires into the existing wires so that you can retain the stock grille mounted turn signals. This is strictly your choice.

*Go test it!*

If everything works, then connect them properly with the butt connectors and re-install your new light.

Here is what you do so that you can have high beams & low beams on together.

1. look at your steering column, on ether side there is a clip, push in and up.
2. lift up the part you unclipped (you do not have to completely remove it)
3. there is a gray plug plugged into you multifunction switch (turn signal/high beam lever on the left)un-plug it.
3a. if you want to (it may help) you can remove the multifunction switch cone clip that can be seen from above. pull up
4. on the gray plug that you pulled out (in the back where the wires go in, not the side that gets plugged in) connect the gr/rd and gr/bu wires that are in hole's 8 and 9. (you can use a bit of wire or you can cut them off and connect with a butt connector or what ever, just do it)
5. reconnect everything

Check Alf's page for pics & other install instructions
http://homepage.mac.com/alf/HIDlights/index.html

(Pic courtesy of Hondo88.)

Aiming them and other FAQs...

Frequently Asked Questions

Troubleshooting

And, for that extra-special flair:

Shield Removal

(Courtesy of GapBoyPCS)

Any further info you do not see, feel free to PM me and I will add it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.