Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add a 70mm MAF and 24lb injectors.

After searching and reading for hours I couldn't really answer this question. If I buy a 70mm MAF that is calibrated for stock injectors is the transfer function the same as the stock MAF?

It seems that by adding larger injectors with a 70mm MAF calibrated for those injectors it will throw off the load calculation done by the ECU. In other words, by adjusting the MAF transfer function to "fool" the ECU into adjusting for the larger injectors the ECU assigns a different load figure which will throw off the timing table among other things.

I have a Superchip. Wouldn't it be better for my case to adjust for injector size with a re-programed chip instead of a re-calibrated MAF?

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
i think you need a custom chip burned along with the MAF and injectors.....i believe.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone out there with more info. I guess i should mention that I'm adding Crower Stage IIs.

So the complete mod list is:

3 Piece UDP
Crower Stage II
port matched heads
10.5:1 compression
cam gears
70mm MAF
24# injectors
shorty header
high flow cat
2 1/4 flex
2 1/4 catback w/magnaflow
9mm wires
SVT snorkel
K&N panel
ported TB
custom (ghetto) intake
Superchip

So, I guess what I'm really asking is-- Since i have to get a custom burn for these mods anyway, is it better to have the MAF calibrated for a stock transfer curve and let the chip handle all of the rest? If you know the answer, please explain it to me cause I'm new to this.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i guess the ProM's run a bit lean depending on setups; and the ChipGuy burned me a chip w/ 6% enrichment and showed 3whp on the dyno. he had me test 3%, 6%, 9%, 12% enrichments to find the best setup. Highly recommend this chip for those out there looking for one!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts