Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for you 70/75mm pro flow maf owners..... What is actually 70/75mm, is it the diameter of the shell, or is it the actual sensor piece inside the shell? if it is the shell, then what is the length of the actual sensor piece?

....bartek

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I'll tell you what. I just installed mine and the cool-flo connector or whatever is to small to fit around it so I duct taped it. Atleast for now

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Sorry to highjack you thread but I installed mine yesterday and don't really notice a difference. Should I give it some time for the computer to accept it or what?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the reason I asked this question is because I own a BOMZ CAI. With this intake you just insert the MAF sensor into a provided socket. The original MAF sensor is not nearly as big as the OEM shell it comes in. IF this is true for the pro flow MAF, then i may be able to use one. Unless the only difference is the shell diameter, then it would be pointless to get a proflow. further insight is appreciated. thanks.

...tek

·
Registered
389 Posts
Originally posted by doogie78:
Sorry to highjack you thread but I installed mine yesterday and don't really notice a difference. Should I give it some time for the computer to accept it or what?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It shouldn't need to "learn" a MAF sensor unless the calibration is alot different than the stock one. In this case it's not size that matters, its the calibration.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Originally posted by bartlomiej:
the reason I asked this question is because I own a BOMZ CAI. With this intake you just insert the MAF sensor into a provided socket. The original MAF sensor is not nearly as big as the OEM shell it comes in. IF this is true for the pro flow MAF, then i may be able to use one. Unless the only difference is the shell diameter, then it would be pointless to get a proflow. further insight is appreciated. thanks.

...tek
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I don't think you can put the Pro-flow internals into that intake. The calibration (voltage output) is based on the diameter of the tube that the sensor is fitted to. It would be like trying to put the Pro-Flow sensor into the stock MAF case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts