Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my magnaflow cat back installed a few hours ago! honestly though...i wish it was a little (or lot) louder. although i do like the sound of it. nice and deep. another thing...for some reason it smells like cat piss when i get out of the car right after turning it off. what could that be?! one last question...the guy who installed it said it was one of the nicest systems he has seen and that it would prolly get louder after a few days. is that true??

·
Ho, ho, ho... Green Giant
4,287 Posts
congrats! first off all, the smell is probably just the protective coating they oftentimes put on the exhaust piping. it's supposed to keep the stuff from oxidizing while it sits on a shelf. once it burns off, the smell will go away (took my car about 4 days). second, the exhaust will get louder! there's a break in period on just about any exhaust. give it a couple weeks. you might not notice it at first bc the change is so gradual. have someone ride in it now, and then ride in it a couple of weeks later, and they'll defintely notice!

Mike

·
Registered
19 Posts
Awesome. I just decided the other evening that I would probably get a Magnaflow after much debating.

How does the car feel power-wise with the exhaust?

·
Registered
397 Posts
i'll speak for the magnaflow it's a great exhaust and i think the sound is great. Performence wise i cna't say i noticed much but all and all a cat-back isn't going to get u many gains. I'm just waiting till the spring when i finish off the exhuats

·
Registered
243 Posts
Had a MagnaFlow put on mine recently between that and the Volant intake when you get on it in higher RPM's WHOA!!! it got some sound!!!! I like it though, once you get it to normal RPM range it is very nice. Congrats

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea...actually over the 50 or so miles i have drivin my car today it has gotten noticably louder. i am actually very pleased with the sound now. nice and deep and mellow. i have noticed a little bit of a gain but nothin major. all in all i would have to sayi am very pleased with it! looks veryyyyy nice and sounds good

1 - 6 of 6 Posts