Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week I want to order an exhaust for my sedan but I cant make my decision I did search etc.. heard the sound clip of the MBRP, a little loud similiar to the vibrant but sounds dope, I didnt hear the magnaflow at all, but as I was reading its not to loud, I want it loud but not to loud, well both of them are in the same price range, and I am driving this car everyday school/work, so whats your opinion which one sounds more agressive and nicer HP etc...? tx

·
Registered
60 Posts
i have the mbrp on my sedan , i like the sound alot, they now have a quieter version I think but i am not sure, though i am thinking of getting the magnaflow for my new zx3 so then I will have both!!!

·
Registered
799 Posts
I had the mbrp with a kamikaze race header on my sedan and the car was really loud when cruising (droning). I have an automatic. Overall the build quality and craftsmanship I would give Mbrp an "A" grade and install was pretty easy; bolted-on the full cat-back system in less than 20 min.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Can't speak on the Magnflow, but I had an MBRP exhaust on my ZTS with an FS street header and it looked and sounded great...high quality system, for sure. It's definitely on the loud side, but with a nice, agressive sound (not a ricey droning) and a nice deep tone upon decelleration. No complaints whatsoever

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I have an MBRP on my ZX3 and love it so much that once I tried to make sweet sweet love to it but sadly right after I drove 30 miles and yeah....ouch..

MBRP-

·
Registered
209 Posts
I installed the MBRP lastweek myself. I'm mechanically challenged. The most difficult part was breaking the nuts loose on the original without an impact wrench. After that, took about an hour. Borrow a tailpipe cutter from Autozone ($25 deposit you get back) and cut the pipe infront of the rear wheels just after the muffler. Very easy.

If you want a little louder noise, I've got their older (smaller) resonator, that I didn't use. PM if your want to try it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts