Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you with the magnaflow, you know it's a very quiet system, but when you replace the cat and exhaust manifold with a race header and 2 1/4" flex pipe it will get very loud. not to worry though, since the magnaflow only has one muffler you can add a resonator (2nd muffler) after the flex pipe. Just install magnaflow part number 14415 and all will be good. I just installed one on my car and it's super quiet.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
speed#7: well let's just say it was too loud for me, it was loud enough to attract unwanted attention, but with the addition of the second muffler it's back to it's sweet mellow sound again.

zx3ford: Performance (seat-o-the pants) I couldn't feel any difference but running at the drag strip next time will tell. But the magnaflow as you know is a 2 1/4" system and the additional muffler has 2 1/4" inlet and outlet but a 2 1/2" core so it still flows great.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dickie W: After calling around and finding the best price @ $90.00 I did more research and found them for about $68.00 shipped here:

http://www.magnaflow.com/03cat-back/03ss/03stainlesssteelround.htm

These folks are in Canada but the part ships from their warehouse in CA and it got here in three days. You can prolly get a lower price by going with an aluminized copy instead of the stainless one.

[ 09-18-2002, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: dan-d ]

·
Registered
91 Posts
dan-d- are you sure that you didn't feel any difference with the added race header and flexpipe???

·
Registered
829 Posts
Oooohh I want this! Did it get welded intothe long straight pipe section? Because I will have to take that section out and take it to a shop to get it welded on. Every shop I go to refuses to touch my car because it has no CAT.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts