Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm going to go with one of these two catback systems... Any opinions? The price of the PaceSetter is very appealing... are there any drawbacks to it? Will both last for a long time?

Thanks.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Well, the Magnaflow will last a long time because it's stainless steel.

I can't say anything about the longevity of Pacesetter. I believe they are only ceramic coated.

·
Registered
364 Posts
The price of the PaceSetter may be very appealing. But this a case of you get what you pay for. Some people like it, some have had problems. What is your climate, if it's dry then it should be ok for a couple of years. But if you have snow, I wouldn't waste my money.

Note: I had a beater 86 honda accord last winter. I put a Pacesetter on it for ha ha's. Yup, after 3 months of mild New England weather, it was rusted. Not surface rust, full blown rust right through the pipes

For about 300 buck the magnaflow and bosal exhaust systems are the best bang for the buck. Both are stainless steel systems
which is plus in my book. And they will last.

The Magnaflow has a nice mellow tone, that is not to loud (until the race header or high flow cat goes on.)

The Bosal is very quiet (and may be the best exhaust system for a race header or high flow cat later on)

Those would be my 2 choices. I have a Magnaflow, I liked the look and the sound better.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Originally posted by Focuz 3:

Note: I had a beater 86 honda accord last winter. I put a Pacesetter on it for ha ha's. Yup, after 3 months of mild New England weather, it was rusted. Not surface rust, full blown rust right through the pipes

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Interesting one. Probably 90% of the rust that attacks an exhaust system comes from the inside of the system, not the exterior of the pipe. Salty roads will deffinatly compound the problem some, but the real damage comes within. What kills an exhaust in a hurry are alot of short trips. Say under 5 miles or 10 minutes of constant driving. It takes that long to burn all the water (and acids) that build up when you first start and run a car (hence the steam comming out the pipe). If it doesnt reach tempture when you shut it off all that water and acids just sit there and eat away. Im guessing that honda was doing alot of short ones. I will be installing a Pacesetter on Wednesday, replacing a Borla. I will let everyone know how they compair. Im looking forward to gaining a little of my low to mid power back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts