Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am allmost done with my custom "ghetto" CAI, which seems to be one of the most perfect designs ever seen (summer tested)...

I have a hand built funnel in front of the radiator and a good, short, "as straight as possible" piping from there to a sealed casing that encloses the filter. Up to now, I have been using the stock tube from the filter to the TB. ıt has been shortened 5cm's and highly sealed though.

I decided to finalize the system by perfecting the tube. I have access to a fiber production company and can get anything built as long as I have/build up the production master....

But I had some problems on the way. First of all, a good tube design should be narrowing down at the TB, which is impossible with our stock design; as the MAF is narrower than the TB. I tried a straight design that is as wide as the TB enterance; it costed me a lot of torque, and I gained some power at the highest end.

Is there a way to find a design that does not loose so much at the low end (which I like a lot) and gains some at the mid to higher end?????

By the way, the design of this short tubing effects the car performance much more than I had anticipated. So this is an important issue...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. I don't a dependable dyno close to me. But pics are coming today. Haqve to warn you though, my engine bay is quite dirty...

I will travel for a before/after dyno as soon as I finish the straight tube connections though, just to see the way the curves change between the shortened stock tubing and the new design...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts