Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the deal, I've got a 2002 ZX3 (auto) , I'm sick and tired of the stupid crappy, trans (auto) so I have 1 question, I want the 6 spd from a SVT (I have access to one) if I were to get it, would it bolt in? what mods will I need to get it to work? Also, what are the limits of the 6spd vs the 5spd? I know the Auto sucks after like 150 ft/lbs and up

·
Registered
217 Posts
hey man i am not an expert at this topic but first off all i don't think that the 6 speed would just bolt up without a lot of work plus the 6 speeds have really tall gears and unless u got FI i would not recomend that trans. but on the other hand the 5 speed i beleave would bolt right up with little extra work to get it to work so anyways i think a 5 speed would be the way to go. the is a guy on here that did the auto to 5 speed swap a little while back and it soulded like he was very sucessful try doing a search for that thread it should help u out.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
The stock Zetec and the Getrag 6-speed from the SVT do not bolt directly up. Hence, you can't really do it.

Use the search next time, I found 31 posts just looking for "6-speed". Imagine how many I'd find if I looked for "tranny sway" or other topics...

It is just unreal how many times the same damn questions get asked over and over again.

Edited for attitude.

[ 01-19-2003, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: The ArchAngel ]

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Angel... dood chill.

Kid just wants to know.... you don't have to read. Seriously... if its a waste of your time... then why waste even more time responding.

As for the tranny... nah its a very involved and complicated swap. But the MTX-75 has been done with some success.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
i would recommend getting a regular mtx-75 tranny and put the quaif diff in and if you really want to go balls out you can even change out the gear ratio to the 4.06 that would be a great combo and it would be cheaper also. and just to prove it's better then the 6 speed look at what in the RS a mtx-75 with a quiaf and they really know there skiznit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts