Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far, I've broken a foglight bracket, cracked the outer passenger side fender liner, shattered my passenger side belt guard, and snapped the radiator ducting clips off the bumper cover.

I've never hit anything other than cones with this car, so I just have to assume that all this damage has been adding up over the last couple years of cone-dodging!

Watch those cones, they're starting to fight BACK!

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<Mr. Burns> Excellent... </Mr. Burns>

I just bought a new belt guard... mainly so I'm not protest bait.
I'll try patching the fender liner first, but if I don't succeed, I'll order one up.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
I've got a broken driver's side fender liner on my car. I suspect it's cone damage as well. I've had a new liner for a while now, just haven't had a chance to get it in. They're not too expensive from Ford.
Fender liners? Whats that? Those are way gone. 4" lowered in the front and they don't stand a chance.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
MY LF Fender-Liner and Grill/Left-Foglight became the Victims of a Large Chow.
My Cone-Damage?
Left-Side Splash-Guard "Thingie" in Front of the Rear Wheel.
I took Both off.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Yeah......I had to be upset for the requisite 10 seconds when an asphalt encrusted cone gashed one of my Cronos........but like a new surfboard, you just have to let that first ding go.

man......some of these cones are friggin' covered with rocks, tar.........which is why I'm always faster in buttugly POS
cars.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Just ask Omni, he was there when a cone got jammed in the fenderwell of the Cobra, and ripped a big chuck out of a brand new Kuhmo, down to the cord!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
man, ya'll must suck to be hitting all these cones, what you run in novice class? lol j/k

Hell we had a autox started raining then stopped just enough to make everything nice a slick, i did a fun run, went balls to the wall, i came into the pits with 4 cones under my car, plus countless others on the course. ebrake + autox = lots of scuff marks

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Last year at Gingerman, somebody had a mild offtrack excursion and flicked a the corner exit marker cone on track (Subarus, it's always the Subarus spraying the track with dirt, it's a conspiracy I tell yah). I decided to be nice and courteous, and I was trying to flick the cone back off the track by tapping it with my front tire as I went past.

Stupid me, after I pulled in I realized I was actually hitting it with the bumper cover right in front of the wheel, not the wheel. And I had scuffed the paint on my bumper.

Oh well, my dumb move.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts