Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks, im trying to find out if there is anywhere online to buy a chrome manifold to fit my
07 plate
1.6L
petrol
automatic
Zetec-SE engine

most sites seem to offer manifolds for either the duratec 2.0l engine or higher
or only for the 98-04 models of the focus

all help would be appreciated

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes an exhaust header, theres different names for them i guess, iv seen one on pumaspeed, but its not a chrome one, just a metal upgrade to the standard one

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Not sure if the us spec 2.0L zetec exhaust manifolds fit the 1.6L, but if they do there are alot of aftermarket ones available. Most are stainless steel - not chrome. My favorites are the ones by focussport, focus central (OBX), and the ford racing svt manifold.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Well.... just so you know, the header may come in chrome, but it'll become discolored over time.

Additionally, I have a feeling that a Euro-spec 2007 1.6L "Zetec-SE" engine is not at all compatible with a US-spec 2000-2004 2.0L Zetec-E. Heck, I thought all the Euro Foci engines were branded Duratec.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
BAM! From the Wikipedia article on the Ford Sigma engine:

Wikipedia said:
The Zetec-SE has no common parts or design with the larger Zetec-E engines apart from the name. This gives rise to some confusion since it suggests that they are members of the same family, but are in fact, completely different. Zetec-E units are mounted transversely with the inlet manifold at the rear, whereas the Zetec-SE units are mounted with the inlet manifold at the front, and obviously the exhaust at the rear.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"The engine line up for the Mk 2 is a mixture of old and new. Revised versions of the 1.4 L and 1.6 L all aluminium Zetec-SE engines from the previous generation Focus were carried over, although the units were now renamed Duratec[citation needed], with the addition of 1.6 L Duratec Ti-VCT engine with variable valve timing. "

Thats the answer i recieved to an original thread i posted as to my engine type,
one thing i do know is that my manifold is front mounted, as your response says about the ZETEC-SE, so it seems to me i have a Zetec-SE Engine AKA
Duratec Ti-VCT.
typical ford...
seems to me they got everyone confused the moment they named there engine style ZETEC, and then started naming the "Trim" Style Zetec lol.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
"The engine line up for the Mk 2 is a mixture of old and new. Revised versions of the 1.4 L and 1.6 L all aluminium Zetec-SE engines from the previous generation Focus were carried over, although the units were now renamed Duratec[citation needed], with the addition of 1.6 L Duratec Ti-VCT engine with variable valve timing. "

Thats the answer i recieved to an original thread i posted as to my engine type,
one thing i do know is that my manifold is front mounted, as your response says about the ZETEC-SE, so it seems to me i have a Zetec-SE Engine AKA
Duratec Ti-VCT.
typical ford...
seems to me they got everyone confused the moment they named there engine style ZETEC, and then started naming the "Trim" Style Zetec lol.
Seriously. And then they go and call every early Euro engine the Duratec, and then call something completely different the Duratec over here.

Is your intake manifold on the front or back of your head? Do you have any pics of your engine? I'd be interested in seeing it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My engine is the latest pix posted in the "Engine Bay Thread"
its a work in progress but let me know what you think :)
manifold is at the front of the head

i see your point, Ford Euro and Ford Stateside seem to have two different ideas on the same thing lol

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
My engine is the latest pix posted in the "Engine Bay Thread"
its a work in progress but let me know what you think :)
manifold is at the front of the head

i see your point, Ford Euro and Ford Stateside seem to have two different ideas on the same thing lol
Ahh. Beautifully done engine bay!

I see Wikipedia was right, your intake mani is at the front of the car, and your exhaust mani is (presumably, since I can't see it) at the rear. That's laid out like the NA spec Duratec engine, NOT like the NA spec Zetec. So our Zetec engine mods definitely won't fit yours. :(

I'm sure you could turbo your little 1.6, though, and get 200 or so ponies out of it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
iv looked into turboing it and theres one slight drawback, its an Automatic transmission, everywhere online says that turbo'd auto's usually last around 80k miles before the valve body goes, an upgrade/ repair which i certainly cant afford right now lol

glad u like the bay, as said its jus a work in progress, so far the only mod to my car is the HKS filter, the rest is pure paintwork on my behalf

1 - 11 of 11 Posts