Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Wash somehow messed up my driver side manual mirror, a cable came loose and i was unable to get the cable back in the knob assembly.

So I'm looking at all the aftermarket mirrors. Don't want to spend on LED or Power, but from doing a search it looks like all the aftermarket manual mirrors are push the glass to adjust?

Is that true or are there manual mirrors that come with cable assembly and knobs that fit where the stock knobs went?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I've got the APC carbon ones and they are glass adjustable...the main thing that sucks is that you'll have the little push deals left in your mirror bezels and they won't do anything. I put a gauge in my drivers side and found a passenger side from a car with power mirrors because they are blank...Peace

Lox

·
Registered
871 Posts
i was wondering this as well, i am glad you brought it up and thanks lox for anwsering.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Yes the aftermarket ones are glass adjustable. I have seen the LED ones on ebay going for like $45.00 w/ amber turn signals.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, thanks for the confirmation.

Like the idea of using the power window one. Altenatively a tweeter could go there, though i've got new infinity kappas instead of the component route.

Difficult decision. hook up to knob would have made it easier.

wonder what else can be done there.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
I just installed some of the ebay amber LEDs. I took the knob off and pushed it through from the back, then taped it in place. It still looks good, but does nothing,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts