Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I Now Post Stupid ****
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. So I found a used stock throttle body that I bought from Focus Fanatic member. I was going to send it to Focustrends.com to get ported and put it on my car. Not that simple. The guy at Focustrends finally gets the throttle body but finds out it's for a manual transmission. This is cool since the guy I bought the TB from tells me that it should work as long as I change brackets. The guy at Focustrends doesn't seem to think so. He says it won't work. So what do I do? Will a Manual Trans TB work on my automatic 2000 ZX3 Zetec or should I shell out the dought for one of the TB's provided by Focustrends.com already ported for me and try and sell the one I can't use later? Or can I use it? I'm confused and wore out. Been a complicated week and all I want is my TB and Clear Corners. That's it!

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
i thought that it didnt work...however i know some who knows the answer to that question. 'focalblur' (mike)...his old sedan, thats about the only mod he did to it. i cant remember for the life of me whether the 1 we put on it was from a 5spd or not. i'll try and reach him, hard b/c he's usually only on at nite.

-Ult

·
I Now Post Stupid ****
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So what do you want to do from here? Its for a manual therfor you will not be able to use it. Your bracket will not bolt on and even with the autobracket, the mounting places for the cables are different....
That was a email I received from Erik at Focustrends.com. I've been back and forth with the poor guy for 2 weeks now.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
hmmm....guess he's right, get in touch with 'ctzx3'. he has an extra auto TB. get that or get 1 from erik at focustrends, get er done. then find a solution for cuttin the manual 1 loose (ct will take it).

-Ult

·
I Now Post Stupid ****
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
then find a solution for cuttin the manual 1 loose (ct will take it).
Explain that please?? Oh wait you mean try and find a way to sell the manual throttle body? Sorry nevermind.

I just emailed Erik. Told him he can either trade evenly and take my manual TB and give me an auto TB ported (I'd just have to pay for the port job and shipping) or I'll buy a Auto TB ported for $65 and pay for the shipping of the Auto AND the manual TB (I'll do something with the manual TB later). Pain in the ass. I'll learn to do more research next time.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Damn Erik...seems like orlandoforums.com is taking more time than the jet now
j/k

1 - 7 of 7 Posts