Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i'm finally ready to start on my 2.3 duratec and i've seen alot of people with the mm bs delete kit, my question is, what exactly will this do for my car, what is the purpose of this kit?

also, on a scale of 1-10 how hard is this modification to do, and about how long does it take?

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
It makes the car rev a little easier, a lot like a lightweight flywheel. Specifically, the kit plugs the gaps left when the balance shafts themselves are removed.

·
Registered
130 Posts
id give it a 4 on terms of difficulty. Took me about an hour to do it and get it all buttoned back up again.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I'd also rate it as a 4 on a scale from 1-10.
It's a tad bit easier than installing a header in my opinion.

have a breaker bar handy. If you haven't seen my previous thread, I got myself a nice injury on my forearm from using a small ratchet. Have the proper tools, i learned the hard way.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
It makes the car rev a little easier, a lot like a lightweight flywheel. Specifically, the kit plugs the gaps left when the balance shafts themselves are removed.
The kit safely plugs the oil feed passage that is left open when the balance shafts are removed.

·
Kristina's Culvert
1,127 Posts
I know this is an old post, but I can't find the answer to the question this guy asked anywhere and I have the same question. After reading this post I still have no idea what the 20lb part I'll be taking out of my Focus is doing in there in the first place. Why would this part be in there if all it does is make the car rev more like a dump truck?

·
Kristina's Culvert
1,127 Posts
Sweet! Thanks Fosho! That's what I was looking for... Your Search Kung-Fu is better than mine...

·
EAT MORE CORN DAMNIT!!!!
3,070 Posts
Good luck finding a BS delete kit....

·
Kristina's Culvert
1,127 Posts
Why would you say that? I thought Marcy Motorsports sold them?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
He's talking about that there aren't any in stock at the moment.

Walter is making a batch right now, and the new batch of intakes should be ready this week...

·
Kristina's Culvert
1,127 Posts
Thank goodness for that... I was scared there for a minute... I'm gonna get a Red CAI from Marcy too as soon as the cash becomes available. I've heard there's a wait sometimes for those too.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
There won't be any waiting for a while, the new batch will be finished soon and is huge.

·
Registered
974 Posts
this are good news!!

·
EAT MORE CORN DAMNIT!!!!
3,070 Posts
He's talking about that there aren't any in stock at the moment.
At the moment???
....Since at least july... possibly before then....I have given up hope on MM......

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
If you are talking about the balance shaft delete kit.

A reasonable guess is 4 or 5 horsepower (along with reduced rotational mass) at the crankshaft.

I'll have you know that the whole Balance shaft assembly weighes over 18 lbs, so don't be surprised how fast that hunk-a-junk will plummet to the earth once that last bolt is un-done.

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
My sincere guess is less than that of above. I'm pretty sure it is more of a dropping rotational mass than anything to give you more power. More on the acceleration side of things. Maybe 1 or 2 hp........maybe. But that's a guess. Don't believe anyone has done a before and after dyno. Which I'd personally love to do for myself.

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
I hear that Pzev's don't have the Balance Shaft, or am I wrong?
-bix

1 - 20 of 51 Posts