Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Frushie took advantage of me
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can this be used on more than one car?

Also who has it and is it worth it?

If it can be used on 2 cars or more, but lets say car 1 is basicly stock and car 2 has a few mods more...would that matter?

Also how do we know what the best adjustment is for the cams???

Neither of us want to fry our motors or screw it up but think this would be a decent thing to do esp if we can split the price....

Thanks.

Kevin

·
Registered
184 Posts
good questions Kevin, I was wondering the same thing

no but seriously any one have any info?

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have it and feel that it was a big waste of money
So why are your cams retarded..?
Stop hatin and cryin all the time bro.

It's basically an alternative to buying adjustable cam gears... In stock form, gains are probably slight, if you do a cam swap it's much more needful. As far as I know, it can be used on as many cars as you want, Dtecs obviously, and if you purchase it, Mr. Marcy will let you know appropriate settings for your car... That's all I got for ya...

Oh, and don't listen to Huntin when it come to Walter's products, he's had a pointless feud with our friendly neighborhood tuner...

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I'm not hating I just think it was a waste of money. I'm sure if I had some cams I would think differently.

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
I'm not hating I just think it was a waste of money. I'm sure if I had some cams I would think differently.
It's only a waste of money if you can do the job on your own without it. I sincerely doubt that is the case.

I've aided in the process of using the tool on two cars. It's an ingenious tool that Walter came up with. Sure, it's not what you would expect from a big name tool company, but that isn't what Walter is. I also haven't seen any better alternatives out there so until you can do better, you know what they say...

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
23 Posts
is it easy to use and install
i don't want my valves and pistons to meet because i think it would get nasty.

·
Frushie took advantage of me
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I personally have not touched my motor. I have helped with a cam gear and shafts install on a zetec.

I am pretty mechanically inclined. I just want to know that i am not going to completely toast my motor or anything. I want it to be easy and pretty simple...

I really want to hear a few words from Walter about this...

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
Greg (aka: Gutted Hatch) did most of the work on the two that I participated on, so it can't be that hard.

kaminari croc's effort:

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
That is one clean engine bay.

Oh ... wait ... that's my car.

It wasn't too hard to do ... the only hard part is torquing (sp?) the cam gear bolts, there is almost no clearance to get a socket/torque wrench in there.

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
There is a plate that comes with the tool that gets bolted to one of the braces that sits over the cams. It has degree marks on it. The tool has a pointer attached to it that lines up with those degree marks to tell you how far in either direction the cams have been moved.

Essentially, you loosen the cam gear bolt and then rotate the cam based on the amount in the directions, and then tighten the cam gear bolt again. It's a fairly simple process, but you do need to be precise, and there are apparently different specs for different cam grinds. The hardest part is really the removal of the valve cover - not that it's "hard", but it does take some time.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
296 Posts
I've heard rumors of a .pdf file with valve cover removal instructions, possibly by Eqz..

Is this true, and where can I find...?

Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
another threadjacking question but is everyone satisfied with the results by doing this?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts