Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I called and spoke to Walter of Marcy Motorsport today. We talked for about 5 minutes, seemed like a great guy. I asked him a few questions about the intake, and then decided to buy it. I first asked if the hp gains he posted on the website were estimates or dynojet verifyed. He stated that the M/T numbers were in fact dyno'd. The A/T numbers were a guess of a pretty consistant 2whp less than the M/T, but he has not tested that yet. He said the intake will fit both transmissions, and as of right now, only what i would call the 'short ram' is available. I went ahead and got that. He said that we can expect the plus version (which places the cone K&N filter in the stock location, down further into the bumper area) in about 2 weeks. It's a $50 upgrade from a $139 cost for the short ram. Shipping is free right now until Aug. 31st. I'll let people know what I think of it, when i get it and install it next Tuesday or Wednesday. So far though Marcy gets a big
from me for being a helpful crew.

I need an intake for track day on the 30th, so this came up right in the nick of time, I really wanted the focus sport, but this model appears to have better gains, and a few friends of mine with G60 VW's have had serious issues with those ITG filters, so I was getting kinda weary about that system too. I'll keep the 'jet updated on how this thing goes.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Marcy Motorsport intake *new with pics*

So the intake arrived yesterday, I took some pictures today, and gave it a good look over and i've decided i'm pretty happy with the purchase. The gains of the system are undeniable, and the construction is acceptable. It's not at the level my AEM intake was, but this is a little company making intakes, it shouldn't be. Basically it's everything out of an intake that I would make, only cleaner around the edges, and much less hassle. The FS will probably be a nice looking piece, but this will certainly satisfy me.
Here are some close ups of a few areas. The coupler included is crazy rugged...like i used to use on my turbo subaru! Quite overkill!

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts

that's the whole thing? kickass! and what a huge honkin' filter!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

that's the whole thing? kickass! and what a huge honkin' filter!
Well this is the standard one. The plus version should be here soon. Yeah, the filter rocks! SOOOOO friggen big!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts