Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im just trying to find out if a TB design I have been machining will be of much interest to FOCUS or ZETEC owners. (No pics available til project is complete.). The Idea is simple though. The TB has a main mounting plate with three different sized bodies that can change between this main mount plate. 60mm, 65mm, and 70mm will be able to be changed in and out with out having to remove the main mounting plate. All bodies will have the same size body but have differ bore sizes, used for differ applications.
Say for a weekend at the drag you want to run a more open TB, swap in the 65 or 70 body on to the mount plate. I have described this the best I can for now. If any questions please post?

·
Registered
258 Posts
It's very creative thinking, but I don't think there is enough of a difference between those TB sizes to justify buying two or three different ones. I think it would be too expensive.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is a package deal and the TB sizes are not determined yet. that is why i like the feed back. I would like to determine the sizes people would be interested in. If its two sizes or three? but the concept is to be able to change size for certain apps.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
You're going to have a hard time with the 70mm. I think most of us are running on the stock intake manifolds and I think it wouldn't fit unless its ported. I'm just guessing, but that might be something to find out.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
hey matt, what ever happened to that intake mani you were doing? I'm still kinda intereted in that.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I'd assume if the biggest size you want to run is a 70mm, then your intake manifold would have to be ported to 70mm

now how the hell do you get the 60mm to seel when you swap to a 60mm

and like others above said...why would someone want to go from a 70mm at the track to a 60mm on the street? to move their powerband down maybe a couple hundred rpms?

again...creative thinking but there's just no point

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Intake manifold works. I dont have a dyno to test the result of its use. Butt dyno fealt great. deep resonating growl. But as far as mass production, a mold is needed. Light weight is the object.
The TB is just a by-product of this manifold. If i can get a multisurfaced mold milled from aluminum blocks i can get Intake mani on the move.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These are not set numbers fella's. I used 60 to 70 as examples. Not hard numbers. These kits will run the same price as current after market TB's depending on if 2 bodies come in a kit or 3. 2 sounds more reasonable. I suppose if you dont see any practical use then maybe it isnt such a good idea. Thank you for the input.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Like I said before, it's a creative idea, but I don't think it's as necessary as something like having a cat for street and no cat for strip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts