Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those rally freaks like myself, you didn't miss one second of the San Remo Rally on SPEED, 2 sweet hours of rally action. Though Martin took 3rd in this(one of three) tarmac rally, he did a great job considering the competition. Besides Martin's overheating problems early in the rally, He still had 2nd place all tied up until just before the last stage. A surprise stint of bad weather(to all but one driver, I think Gronholm, who called a friend to see about the weather) caught all but 2 drivers with their pants down. These 2 drivers, Gronholm(?) and one other, were on intermediates and cut slicks, providing way better traction in the wet than the slicks every other was wearing. Managing to stay on the road with no real grip, Martin was able to stay on the podium even though he was barely able to keep the RS under control. In addition, constantly changing tarmac surfaces and the rain made it difficult for all drivers in the last stage. Martin did suffer one small ding in the same place on the track(as well as the car) as his Teammate Duval. Duval wasn't so lucky as his car suffered terminal damage to the rear wheel/suspension. Martin rec'd only a dent in the fender flare and kept on going. RallyXS is on sometime this week for a sumup of the rally for those who missed it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, tarmac events are my favorite.....I made it a point to watch the whole thing this time. I wonder if I could get those widebody fenders????

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think Gronholm tried to knock down the mountain. Pretty much totaled his Peugeot

·
LET'S GO RIDE BIKES
2,760 Posts
Pannizzi Called a friend and he took out intermediates while Gronholm took extra cuts on his slicks.

-mark
That was sweet! You cant argue with the local knowledge.
I can't wait to see him behind the wheel of the Lancer next year

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
** o tell me why, do they build foci so damn good**
** o tell me why, don't they offer it over here **
** o tell me why, i want to win the lotteri **
** o tell my why, i want a ralli foci **

um, that was pretty lame...but damn man

the WRC focus is so bad a$$ is not even funny, they are so friggen sweet. I want one so bad w/ awd and a turbo & engine from Tom...its not fair, i think i'm going to write to my states representative and have them demand awd turbo foci in the states.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the correction Worldtour, I knew I wasn't going to get it all straight. Anyway, I think the next rally is tarmac also, can't wait for that one either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts