Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kicking this off because Mass Effect 4 was discussed at this year's San Diego Comic-Con.

Apparently, the new story has you not assuming the role of Commander Shepard, or assuming some other pre-determined role. You are the hero.

The only connection you have to Shepard is the elite training he had before he became the Galaxy's saviour... The much revered N7 training.

And you get your own Mako...

That's pretty much all I found so far. I have the feeling that this game's info will ramp up quickly once Bioware is ready to offer more on it. I am excited for it, because Mass Effect. But more because I like the Scifi universe that has been created with ME. So yeah. Because Mass Effect sum's my reasons for excitement up nicely.

Anyone hear any real news please share respond, comment or crack a mother joke. :dunno:

Info gleaned from ... http://www.joystiq.com/2014/07/26/the-next-mass-effect-might-be-about-you-and-yours/

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mass Effect 1 - 3 Spoilers... Do not watch if you never played any of the games.

You've been warned.

In preparation of ME 4 and to summarize the experience of playing all there, I believe an Honest Review is in order.

Ladies and Gentlemen. The Mass Effect Trilogy.

:lol:

·
Cantankerous Quacker
3,515 Posts
First let me get the really cynical stuff out first. Mass Effect 4 is simply Electronic *******s doing what they do best.

If I need to clarify further... The story ended with ME3. Most of us were content and pleased with the Mass Effect saga. (stupid ****ing ending notwithstanding) But EA is never content to leave a classic story/game alone. They'll churn out stupid spin off after stupid spin off until they ruin it. For proof, look at everything else produced by them.

Now, I absolutely love the whole Mass Effect universe and there is a bit of potential there, if it's done correct. But how can you have a prequel without using Shepard? I mean, yes there was a lot of stuff out there. But the crisis was the coming and arrival of the Reapers. We didn't know about them until Mass Effect.

So... :dunno:

I'm just wondering what the whole pre-story is going to be about.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's more of a joking summation of the Mass Effect Series, or the chronicles of Space Jesus, (what I will be calling it from now on). :lol:

It's not either a bid to make a game or a movie...

And I didn't make it. I swear. ;)

Now that is cleared up... The series is going Prequel? How stupid! The game series gave next to nothing of interest in it's cannon before the rise of the Reapers. There is the Rakhni wars, and the Genophauge. But I really do not care to experience those stories, when the rebuilding of galactic civilization sounds far more interesting. Imagine having Space Jesus as an overseer, and at some point humanity decides that the Shepard must go... Or how would you coerce Space Jesus into quelling another Krogan uprising... Or Humanity is fighting to maintain control of the galactic alliance with while trying to reconstruct the Mass Relays, only to discover another enemy looking to keep the galaxy from unifying again...

There are more interesting stories to be had post Space Jesus than before him/her. Bioware should tell a new story, not fill in the blanks of a background story.

·
Go ahead - ask me how Chalz' huge, bulging, fearle
3,240 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
4 should be out by this time next year.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/04/09/mass-effect-4-and-mirrors-edge-2-to-release-before-the-end-of-march-2016-says-pachter/

Everything I've read recently says that this will not be a prequel, but instead will be set in the same time frame as the trilogy. Also, Xbox 360 and PS3 users will be S.O.L. which is no big surprise.
I've seen the same. It is apparently going to be set in a different part of the universe, but we may see or hear of some familiar faces along the way. I'm excited for it; I'm still working on ME3 currently though.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool... That allows me to get intimate with FO4 with out feeling like I have to rush through it. Hopefully I'll feel compelled to finish the game. I felt I finished FONV when I killed Ceaser. After that, I had no reason to continue on helping the NCR fight off the Legion. Especially after taking control of the third army, that the NCR didn't want.

ME4 will require my undivided gaming attention. It was tough enough balancing ME3 play time with Forza 4. I'm glad that ME has nothing I care about announced around its release. At least nothing yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts