Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
Please use this thread as the Master List of everything that needs to happen for FR14. Including Where, When, Who, etc.

I've broken Where down into the following categories, each with multiple action items. We will be asking for volunteers to step into lead, or secondary roles, on each Action Item.

Before We Arrive

• Secure sponsors
  • Event website
  • Marketing
  • Goodie bag (procure bag and promo materials)
  • Awards
  • T-shirts design/production
  • Star Cars
——————————————————————————————

At the Hotel

• Goodie bag assembly
  • Advance Check-In / Goodie bag distribution
  • After-party

At the Fairgrounds

• On-Site Check-In
  • Car Show Judging
  • BBQ
    Karl and Jamie in charge of cooking​
  • Awards Ceremony
  • Guest Speakers
  • Star Cars

Off-Site Events

• Welcome Dinner
    Thursday June 5th @ 7:00pm
    Applebee's
    260 Noble Blvd
    Carlisle, PA 17013​
  • Dyno Day @ McNews
    Friday June 6th @ 9:00am
    McNews Automotive
    266 Old York Rd
    Dillsburg Pa 17019​
  • Cruise to Showfield

This list is by no means complete. So, please make suggestions, or bring up anything that you may think is important or overlooked.

I will be taking the lead on all of the “Before We Arrive” items. But will definatley need some help. So far I’m working with Jason and Ken (of course), as well as bluebyutoo and Cobrawannabe. Jason and I will be asking for help in different areas from you. However if you see something you WANT to help in, please speak up.

A HUGE Thank You to everyone that has agreed to be on the Team this year! The event simply would not happen without you!

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll provide the first update:

1. I contacted Ford Racing and am waiting to hear back from them about possible Guest Speakers. Ken mentioned that he may be able to get Steve Saleen.

If you have any suggestions for others, please let me know!

2. I will be contacting fifteen52 about getting one or more of the Project STs to the event.

bluebyutoo may be able to get the Green Filter Focus ST that was shown at SEMA.

Again, if you have suggestions or contacts, let 'er rip!

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you want everything were doing listed here? Limbo? I'll definitely help if not do everything for that. I can help assembly and distribution of goody bags.

-Matt

AFAIK, there is no Limbo this year. Jason?

And, I'll make a note of you as being able to help out with Goodie Bags. Thanks!

·
King wheel-whore. BOW before me!
4,743 Posts
I still have 200 MK3 Focus Reusable Red Bags from Ford in the attic for goody bag bags BTW.

The Tjin Edition ST and MRT Fiesta ST from SEMA should be at the event so those two would be easy to get, green filters will probably be as well but it may be locked in a building at that time.

·
4,743 Posts
Wasn't too sure about the limbo. Ken thinks it would be a good idea. I'm not sure. Maybe we should post a poll and see what people think?
I say poll it but I think its still a differentiator over FailFest, especially beings they have been copying what has been done at FR as of recent.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I still have 200 MK3 Focus Reusable Red Bags from Ford in the attic for goody bag bags BTW.

The Tjin Edition ST and MRT Fiesta ST from SEMA should be at the event so those two would be easy to get, green filters will probably be as well but it may be locked in a building at that time.
Maybe the Tanner Foust edition or UTI Gulf edition ST?

·
4,743 Posts
Maybe the Tanner Foust edition or UTI Gulf edition ST?
UTI Gulf = Tjin Edition ST

Foust Edition would be hard as they really don't do a lot of national marketing with any of their vehicles at events. The barely do any on the west coast even.

Tanner however is a contact of mine and is familiar with Carlisle as he has been here before when he worked for ESPN back in the day.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
I say email or call Tanner. He might have the car sent out for the show. He's really into the ST, not just fluffing it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
I can't get to the show until noon on Friday. school district employee so getting days off toward the end of the school year is next to impossible. Willing to help with anything.

·
4,743 Posts
I say email or call Tanner. He might have the car sent out for the show. He's really into the ST, not just fluffing it.

I'll shoot an email, but don't count on it, I would honestly say I'm 99.99% sure it wouldn't happen. Cost for transport from that far is about $5K not counting any other stuff for a "star car". Plus once again they really don't have a road show program.

My buddy Aaron Vaccar is interested though with his Slammed Transit (uses alot of Focus suspension parts), his last gen Fiesta (slammed and stanced), and his MK3 Focus though. All SEMA show cars, just working on getting him out for the Ford show anyway not in relation to FR.

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
Ok everyone, crunch time. I need names of who is going to help with these different areas.

At the Hotel

Goodie bag assembly - Jason, need many more
Advance Check-In / Goodie bag distribution - Need 2
After-party - Jason, need many more

At the Fairgrounds

On-Site Check-In - Jason, need 2 more
Car Show Judging - Jason, Matt C., need 2 more
BBQ - Karl and Jamie
Awards Ceremony - Jason, Ron, need 2-3 more
Guest Speakers - Ron

Off-Site Events

Welcome Dinner - Jason, Ron
Dyno Day @ McNews - Jason, need 2 more
Cruise to Showfield - Jason, Ron, need 3 more

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
I won't be able to get to the event until Friday around 1:00 PM. Once I park my car, I'm willing to help in any way I can with any event. I have a mega phone that I can bring if you want it for organizing the cruise to the snowfield

1 - 20 of 29 Posts