Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting a new car once I get manager at my work..

Looking at either the 2003 Mazda6 with the 220HP V-6 with 5-speed or the 2003 VW Jetta VR6 with 5-speed..

looking for opinions on which one YOU would choose..

Oh...and the only color I am getting would be Black.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
As a die-hard Dub fan that worships the sound, smoothness and performance of the VR6 I would do the obvious........insist on cars with suspensions NOT from the late 1800s and get the Mazda.

It may not have that intangible "germanic" style and feel, but with a strong, great sounding V-6 in it's own right plus double wishbone front, and a version of our now beloved Focus rear suspension design in the back......it really is a true "sport" sedan particulary in "S" form.

As an aside.....as someone that has battled the daily hell that is maintaining a black car.......please do yourself a huge favor and DON'T DO BLACK!!! as badass as it looks when clean, is forgotten when it's dirty ten minutes later.......

[ 03-31-2003, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: ZXmurph ]

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
i like the style of the 6 better than the jetta and if i was in the mood for another 4 door it would be the 6 or the altima.

·
Registered
744 Posts
mazda 6, hands down......roomier, faster, and think of it this way-ur getting a rebadged mondeo w/a mazda tweeked 3.0 duratec engine

the interior feels and is more upscale then the jetta....(if the 6 wasnt avail then i would choose the jetta)

·
Registered
63 Posts
i've always been a fan of the vw jetta VR6 so that would my pick hands down. And since the car already looks pretty good thats less money spent on show mods and more on performance.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah but is there any aftermarket support for the Mazda 6 S??

The Mazda 6 is slightly cheaper than the Jetta VR6 and I dont know about the Yellow.. I would get tired of it after a while..

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Mazda 6 all the way, seen one up close last week....

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Unless you love to always fix your car...go with the 6! Much better reliability.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Mazda 6s in black all the way
Plus all the car mags are raving about it

·
Registered
53 Posts
Both are very good choices. I'm a previous Jetta owner and the car was great. However, the Mazda 6 is the best handling car in it's price class. If, like me, you value sporty drive and handling I'd lean toward the Mazda 6.

Just as the 6 is brand new, VW's model's are getting a bit old. So they're offering special editions like the GLI and 20th Anniversary GTI to try and keep up interest. Personally I would not get a new jetta now, knowing it will be replaced fairly soon (2005 model year) by an undoubtedly better car.

My only Mazda concerns are saftey (VW has all the saftey features standard, Mazda makes them options) and resale value.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alright I will be getting a Mazda 6 S in either Gunmetal or that pretty blue color soon.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts