Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i Drove a Mazda 6-S today... thats right... V6, 5 speed auto...

im in love. it handles as well as my focus, and has way more power. couple that with killer looks and downright plush interior, and you've got me hooked.

i'd sell my right nut and my left kidney for one of those right now.

the salesman must have been crazy. he came out, tossed me the keys and said 'lets go'.

didnt even take down my name or anything. me and my 2 friends easily could have taken this guy and run off with the car. hah.

anyways, i threw it around on a parkinglot (auto-x style, bad stuff to do to a car you dont even own), did numerous 0-60 tests, engine braked down from 60 using the manu-matic shifting, and tried to get a honda to race me, all without a so much of a peep from the salesman, accept for the occasional 'thats what oh **** bars are for' as my friends in the back seat advised me to take it easy (they were flying around) and when i was trying to entice the honda 'come on pussy'...

hahaha

it was great.

[ 04-08-2003, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: sh0velman ]

·
Registered
85 Posts
does the manumatic hold the gear essentially forever until you shift it? (Lincoln LS) or does it up-shift by itself once it reaches redline. (Dodge autostick)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
holds it forever, i let it bounce off the rev-limiter once

bounces from 7500 to 7 really really fast. heh

·
Registered
688 Posts
I test drove a 6s with the stick. It was fun to drive; but I was seeing how it was for my fiance. She will most likely get the 6s with the manumatic.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I went and test drove the 6s and it was really nice I am thinking of maybe buying one or maybe the new mazda RX-8 when it comes out. Mazda gave me a $35 gift certificate for test driving the 6s.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Test drove one with my uncle last weekend. Going to test drive one with my brother in law this weekend. Was VERY impressed with styling and performance. The interior is SO clean and new looking. Bares many a resemblance to the Focus. I really like the direction Mazda is going with their zoom-zoom. Big
to the Mazda6

·
Registered
461 Posts
phatboy, I can answer that, it's about the size of a Taurus. My neighbor has one.

If I were going to buy one it would be a Yellow 6s 5-speed with black leather and 19's or 20's and the AutoExe body kit.

Andrew

Edit: Hot damn! AutoExe has EVERYTHING for the 6 / Atenza!

Edit: This site has a bunch of crap for the Atenza / 6: Here

[ 04-09-2003, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: AnythingButAFocus ]

·
Registered
106 Posts
ok one more question on the U.S. website the rear faschia doesn't show the lower markers??? Does it come with those or not???
Graham

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have bounced around the 6 idea but it is the same price as a WRX. I think the WRX stands head and shoulders above the 6. Maybe I'm crazy.. My $$ will be in the WRX before the 6. Just my $.02

·
Registered
461 Posts
Japanese Version gets everything we want.

Andrew

Edit: sooner, go check your insurance rates on both. For me, the 6s is 1/3 the WRX. Plus, not everyone and their brother has a 6.

[ 04-09-2003, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: AnythingButAFocus ]

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have bounced around the 6 idea but it is the same price as a WRX. I think the WRX stands head and shoulders above the 6. Maybe I'm crazy.. My $$ will be in the WRX before the 6. Just my $.02

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sooner: isn't the WRX focus size though??
size wise respectively you should compare the B4 to the mazda6.........
.......but the mazda6 is the poor mans audi!!!!!

[ 04-09-2003, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: phatboyspam ]

1 - 20 of 42 Posts