Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im on my drive home the other day and im sitting in traffic. i look to my right and sittin in a parking lot is a black (maybe dark blue) mazda3. i have liked them ever since they came out so im just sitting there admiring it for a few seconds. so as im giving it a once over, i catch the badging on the side and realize somethin is amiss. now i have a 2003 focus with the 2.3 duratec and have even added the "2.3" badging of the Mazda3. but this one was different...it read <font color="red"> SP </font>2.3. so immediately i think Mazdaspeed 3! but then i realize it cant be...there is no such thing yet. so do ANYONE have any ideas!?!? and NO this was not some custom thing, it was in the same exact font and style as the regular numbers...please enlighten me!!

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
It is a limited edition package for the Mazda 3. It has actually been a trim level offered in Australia for quite some time. They just now brought it to the states.

With its aggressive sport-performance exteriors, class-leading ride / handling dynamics, powerful and refined drivetrain, sophisticated interior design, and high level of standard and available features; the MAZDA3 already blurs the lines between compact car and premium sport compact. The SP23 models take things further by offering additional luxury features and materials normally found only on luxury-brand imports.

The SP23 comes in both 4-door and 5-door body styles. Starting with the features and smooth, powerful 2.3 liter drivetrain of a MAZDA3 s model, the SP23 adds exclusive colors and materials both inside and out, heated leather seats, automatic rain sensors, and automatic headlights. There is also a new custom Bose® audio system acoustically tuned for each body style with a digital amplifier, four door speakers, two tweeters and a subwoofer, plus an in-dash 6-disc CD changer and radio that's ready for SIRIUSTM satellite radio reception (requires subscription and additional hardware).

Each SP23 is available with a standard manual 5-speed transmission or available 4-speed Sport AT. The whole array of MAZDA3 options is available on each SP23 model, as well as a special SP23 Security Package that includes ABS, side air bags and side air curtains*, xenon headlights, tire pressure monitoring system, and a theft deterrent security system.
The 5-door with the SP23 package comes with the nifty LED tails found on the Axela in Japan. Good stuff.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
It does have some cool stuff on it though...heated seats, rain-sensing wipers, led tails, etc.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahhhh much better! now i can go to bed happy...thanks everyone
and it seems like a pretty cool package too

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
my friend almost got that package but didnt want the saddle leather so he got a regular liquid grey( or mica or whatever) 5 door. pretty sick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts