Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on one of the Protege boards. This guy swerved to avoid a deer and went down an embankment, rolled 15 times and he walked away w/o a scratch. The MSP didn't do so well though. Said it is down so far they are gonna have to lift it out with a helicopter. He is one lucky SOB to walk out of it alive, let alone w/o a scratch.

Thread
Pics

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
oh, and by the way, that deer that walked out in front of me is OK, i was able to swerve off the side of the mountain.
couldnt help but laugh when I read that

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh, and by the way, that deer that walked out in front of me is OK, i was able to swerve off the side of the mountain.
couldnt help but laugh when I read that
Yeah I had a little private chuckle on that one too.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I wasn't there, but it seems if his story is true and accurate:

1. It would of been much safer to hit the deer, yeah I know, no one thinks about that when one walks out and stops in front of your car.

2. If he was really driving 25-35 mph, how did the car flip 15 times?

3. Does the Mazdaspeed P come with rollbars? That roof doesn't look like 15 hits to me.

4. Somehow I don't think we got the whole story here.

5. The only thing that matters, is he walked away without a scratch and his pride seems to of survived as well.

6. Joking about a rental Focus, maybe he should be reading focaljet to see he most likely would of survived in one as well.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I could see that happening, makes sense to me. He swerves to miss the deer, runs wide and into the dirt, car starts down the hill sideways. The tires dig in and the car starts to roll over and over, but the bushes slow its descent a bit. It wasn't a cliff he went off, just a really steep hill. I bet the car didn't start rolling over until he was part way down the hill too.

·
Banned
3,562 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
6. Joking about a rental Focus, maybe he should be reading focaljet to see he most likely would of survived in one as well.
You think so? I have only seen one rolled focus, and it was ugly, really ugly, can't imagine you would live though a multiple roll over with out a roll cage.

That said, I don't think that car went over 15 times. Looks like he went off backwards, rolled once, and came to a stop at the bottom of the hill.

·
Registered
582 Posts
You think so? I have only seen one rolled focus, and it was ugly, really ugly, can't imagine you would live though a multiple roll over with out a roll cage.
Mine rolled at least twice (I wasn't counting). I just climbed out the window and yelled [censored] several times.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Linky no work

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
all the pix seem to be down.

just by reading what i'm reading, makes me want to go hunting.

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts