Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered an MBRP cat back for a 02 ZX3 and then today someone told me that they heard this system likes to crack by the welds. Has anyone else heard or experienced this, I was told this at a shop that wants to sell me Powertone so I wanna be sure I am getting good information. The other question is for owners of MBRP exhaust, does this system fit good and how is the quality. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Well I got both systems Free. MBRP all the way
email me if you want any more questions answered

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
MBRP = Full Stainless Exhaust - I have Never Heard of a Case of Somebodies MBRP Cracking or Rusting - Plus it Sounds so Damn Gorgeous!

drew
fok

·
Registered
847 Posts
I've never heard of such a case either...it's a top quality setup, you'll love it

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I only heard that system on their website and I loved it. Cant wait to install it. I ordered it from McNews on sunday so I am hoping to see it before the weekend. I thought that since they would give a 5 year warranty that the exhaust system would be as great as it is advertised. Thanks again.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yeah that exhaust was my second choice, but when it came down to sound the bosal was better, and that slip joint on the MBRP just screams cheap exhuast. I only by exhuasts that have all flanges.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Originally posted by ruggedman:
Yeah that exhaust was my second choice, but when it came down to sound the bosal was better, and that slip joint on the MBRP just screams cheap exhuast. I only by exhuasts that have all flanges.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">hmmmm...how he changes his tune about the Bosal after this post:

http://www.focaljet.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=009526

bet you wish you got the MBRP now, don't ya

There's nothing cheap about it...it's great and the nicest looking one out there, IMHO!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by Marction:

bet you wish you got the MBRP now, don't ya

There's nothing cheap about it...it's great and the nicest looking one out there, IMHO!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Not really, i wish i would have gotten the apexi world sport or focus sport. I dont hate the bosal, but its just not anything out of the ordinary. And niether is the MBRP. The MBRP is $320 for a stainless catback...there are going to be cut corners here and there...

·
Registered
44 Posts
MBRP all the way man

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ruggedman, I've been in the MBRP shop they do not cut corners.. and they don't even build a kit for my car.. it's cheap becuse he's converting from Canaidan to US and that's the advantage of building in Canada when selling to the US. Also your not seeing a huge markup like other stainless systems makers. ( I make stainless headers so I know just how much it does cost..)

·
Registered
397 Posts
MBRP is the right way to go, i've had mine for since june and have nothing but compliments, even though i have a race header it is kinda loud, but it still sounds soo nice, it was good enough to convice one of the other jetters in my area to get mbrp too, hope you enjpy it

·
Registered
144 Posts
i have the MBRP with the race header it is loud but cool & did you guys know (for those with the race header set up) MBRP made a resonator to tone it down 4dbs 2,000 -4,500 rpms know thats cool i just odered mine

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just wanna thank everyone again for their input. I got the system istalled now and it sounds awesome, even better than my Borla. Very simple install, only took me half an hour(thanks to having a shop to work in with a hoist) I dont have a header on this car and it is still darn loud, next mod may just be a shorty header.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
can any one post sound clips of there exhaust system from inside the car. post it online from what it sounds like in the car

1 - 15 of 15 Posts