Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok somebody help me pick one or the other. i really like the way the mbrp sounds, but the hks looks awsome. someone help me make a choice here. i know the hks is about 500 and the mbrp about 320, but i dont know i need someone with a bad experience with one or the other or something to push me towards one. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I love my HKS, its a time and race proven company. You get what you pay for. Of course opinions will vary.

[ 10-09-2002, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: Andy The Egg ]

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
hks if you want clean, quality, smooth

MBRP if you wanna loose youre hearing...or add a race header and have all youre neighbors within 5 miles join you in the new "DEAF" club....

both are good exhuasts however, proven, dynoed and tested...just completely different characters

opinion only ofcourse

PS....i personally can vouch that the HKS will give you 4whp on a BONE STOCK FOCUS< which actualy, for a focus exhuast, is pretty damn good

[ 10-09-2002, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: nazthug ]

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
I just got an HKS. That's my vote.

I like the sound and the "different" look. Plus my Honda buddies couldn't believe I could get an HKS for a Focus. They love it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx for all your help guys, probably gonna go with the hks, it just looks to damn cool, and nopi has it for 475, anyone see it cheaper? also they have the bosal flex pipe for 107 so ill just get both. thanx again.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'd say out of those two the HKS, there is a reason its more
You should look at the thermal too, that's a really nice quality exhaust.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
456.00 at Options Auto Salon

·
Registered
582 Posts
Originally posted by ruggedman:
I'd say out of those two the HKS, there is a reason its more
You should look at the thermal too, that's a really nice quality exhaust.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ha! Pick what you like, dont fall into this name crap, and more money means more quality, umm, yeah theres a reason the HKS is more, ever hear of advertising costs ?. Before you spent all that $$$, make sure the entire system is stainless (dont know why, but I keep thinking the HKS doesnt use stainless piping).

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'd go with mbrp and i don't car what theses people keep saying that you get what you pay for, i've had mne for over 6 months and i know a few others who have had theirs even longer and not one problem

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanx for the advice on option auto salon. the mbrp is nice, but the way the hks sits its just too tight, guess i gotta get it.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
HKS..we use HKS parts for all of our imports and are going to use it on my Focus as well..
HKS as some said..is one of the best!!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I vote for MBRP.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
I do not believe HKS is stainless. THe canister of course is stainless but the piping is not. I think it's alumanized. If it is stainless, then it's ceramic coated! (which would be cool) But if you look at the design, it IS the most straight through design out there. That's probably why they can use smaller diameter piping and get the gains they get.

I think the HKS sound is by far the best, and the design I love... The quality has ALWAYS been there, as they are a premier player in the import industry. I agree don't fall into more money = better quality. More money sometimes equals more money and nothing else.

But HKS, nobody will tell you that they make crap. Just isn't the case!

[ 10-10-2002, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: belacyrf ]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts